Post Game Thread: Seattle defeats Green Bay 27-24

What I don’t understand is this offense never played better than when Philbin was OC calling the plays. Rodgers really seems to respect his ability as well.

So what the hell is going on? This offense has never looked more predictable and stale as it is now. Is MM averse to delegating responsibility?

Again I don’t get it.
Don't forget that Arod also had a different QB coach who he really liked back then too. I think MM is just a control freak who couldn't stand someone else getting credit for the offense.

Don't forget that Arod also had a different QB coach who he really liked back then too. I think MM is just a control freak who couldn't stand someone else getting credit for the offense.

Lot of what you said here is true. I've always said that McCarthy wanted to take credit for being a QB developer, but I never saw him as being that. I think his assistants had a lot more to do with Rodgers' development than people knew.

Right now, I see McCarthy making decisions that may not include any support from his assistants, or Rodgers, for that matter. I say this by watching Rodgers face, on the field and sidelines. He doesn't look in the slightest bit happy, except when they're in the 2 minute drill where he looks confident because he's calling the shots. I believe his head shaking is due to guys not running correct routes, and lousy play calling. But... that's just my opinion.

I agree, TW.

I am not saying AR is without blame here because he is not but a lot of this stems from MM and how the offense is run. Come on. AR is still at 19 TD's and 1 Pick. He has had 3 TD's dropped this year as well as over 10 balls that should have been caught. He would be on pace for 32 TD's and 2 INT's. Besides Drew Brees, no one else has those numbers. And he is doing this on a bad knee, with rookie WR's, and a HC who is a stubborn ass that will not use his players talents. I rest my case. :)

I agree, TW.

I am not saying AR is without blame here because he is not but a lot of this stems from MM and how the offense is run. Come on. AR is still at 19 TD's and 1 Pick. He has had 3 TD's dropped this year as well as over 10 balls that should have been caught. He would be on pace for 32 TD's and 2 INT's. Besides Drew Brees, no one else has those numbers. And he is doing this on a bad knee, with rookie WR's, and a HC who is a stubborn ass that will not use his players talents. I rest my case. :)
But his QBR rating is worst of his career and completion percentage is down. This is not the same guy from 3 -4 years ago

Of course he isn't but he is still in the top 5. Easily. Get a better oline, a HC that uses AJ, and a healthy AR and things are even better.

It’s fitting that this game was a callback to the NFCCG and our inability to really bury a team when we should.

We had the ball up 14-3 and couldn't demoralize them by going up three scores.

We also had 3 opportunities to push the lead to double-digits in the second half, but couldn't even get field goals let alone a TD to push the lead to 11.

Just so frustrating.

But his QBR rating is worst of his career and completion percentage is down. This is not the same guy from 3 -4 years ago

Last night they said AR isn't healed and think he reinjured it after getting tackled from behind.

He still ended up with over 160 rating last night.

It's more then one thing in play here. No one can expect to play MVP perfect level every game. Jordan had down nights but good talent around him in those Championship years.

On that last throw said ball stuck to his hand.

Last night they said AR isn't healed and think he reinjured it after getting tackled from behind.

He still ended up with over 160 rating last night.

It's more then one thing in play here. No one can expect to play MVP perfect level every game. Jordan had down nights but good talent around him in those Championship years.

On that last throw said ball stuck to his hand.

Disagree he's been off all year. He missed several check downs last night >>>
DsGPgnQW0AEuufc.jpg:large

Look at his head... locked in on one guy. He needs a HC to correct all this and that's not MM. He's a franchise QB. Play like it.

Well that was his rating.

Never said he's playing the same this year, that part is obvious.

As for locking in on Adams, who else can he trust right now? Favre did that with Sharpe.

There's a lot more going on with this team.

Mark, completely agree with you. He needs to critique himself as well. He has missed throws he normally makes. Missing Jones last night on that play was horrible. I am just saying it is bigger than AR and he is not 100%. But he is still playing better than 90% of the QBs in this league. Is he perfect? Of course not. But the TT shitty drafts and no FA have depleted the talent around him. We cannot expect miracles.

Back