Post Game Thread : Denver Defeats GB 29-10

Yes, get over losing Jordy and adjust the offense so you can put the guys you do have in the best position for success. csr(

Denver played a lot of base man to man defense. And Jones and Adams could not beat it. That's a problem.

I don't know if we need to change play callers but for some reason AR hasn't been the same since he threw those 2 INTs against the Rams. :( Is his aversion to throwing picks made him even more cautious when he should be aggressive and throwing guys open like he once did? sh))

He hates getting hit... look at all his worst games. When you pressure him and keep him contained he tends to play off badly. Once the Rams showed that pressure and contain worked every team after has tried the blueprint.

Other issue is our WR can't get off tight man coverage, unless you start running designed routes to beat the blueprint your going to see more of the same.

I may be in the minority here.

Was this really a surprise? We came into the game ranked 22nd I N passing offehse. Let that sink in. One game with over 300 yards passing. Richard Rodgers more receptions than James Jones

Wins put lipstick on the pig

I was not surprised that we lost. My only surprise was how poorly prepared we seemed to be. I am very disappointed but am willing to wait to see what happens in the Carolina game.

Last night Carolina looked beatable to me...but I didn't watch the whole game, so who knows. MM used to be known for his innovative play calling. Not so much now.

Not giving up on the season. Will take a wait and see approach.

The Packers played poorly, the coaches coached poorly, but the bottom line is it is one game. There is more than 1/2 the season left. I'm not ready to give up on the team yet. They need to beat Carolina this week to stay relevant in the home field throughout picture. We want the team to start improving weekly and ideally start peaking in week 14.

I do think its time to look outside the organization for some help. We need a big play receiver and a OLB that can play the run as well as cover.

I do think its time to look outside the organization for some help. We need a big play receiver and a OLB that can play the run as well as cover.

a little late for that. the trade deadline passed. and i don't think there are any worthwhile free agents sitting around waiting for a call at this point.

Yes, it is one game; however, I think the concern everyone has here is the offense has been like this all year. It finally bit us. WR's cannot get open. Will that change? Not unless MM and Clements do something different. I am not optimistic because MM is not that way. He said it in his press conference.

The Carolina game will tell us if we either have the players to impose our will and get things corrected or coaches that are willing to adjust. If we show the same things again, we could see a short season in the playoffs.

I will try to be optimistic, though. thumbsup

He hates getting hit... look at all his worst games. When you pressure him and keep him contained he tends to play off badly. Once the Rams showed that pressure and contain worked every team after has tried the blueprint.

Other issue is our WR can't get off tight man coverage, unless you start running designed routes to beat the blueprint your going to see more of the same.

In addition to not taking a hit, MM and Arod is one of the most conservative HC/QB combos you will see. It's fine when a guy like Jordy can make sick catches, draw coverage, and get other guys open, or (and I can't believe i'm about to say this) have a guy like Finley who at least offers the possibility of a TE who can run after the catch. But when you lose Jordy and have no TE they don't take risks.

MM has always preached limiting turnovers. To the point of being fine with a sack instead of risking a INT when throwing the ball away. It's part of why Arod tends to hold the ball too long.

I actually wish Arod would be a little more like favre sometimes. Ya you get more INT's but on the flipside you don't get great success without great risk when your WR are limited. Especially against good teams.

Back