Post Game Thread : Denver Defeats GB 29-10

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Aaron Rodgers threw for just 77 yards and was sacked three times and chased throughout the night by a dominating Broncos defense that helped send Green Bay (6-1) to its first loss of the season, following Denver's 29-10 victory on Sunday at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

Broncos QB Peyton Manning, who struggled for most of the early part of the season, carved up the Packers defense for 340 yards on 21 of 29 passes with an interception. Running backs C.J. Anderson and Ronnie Hillman did most of the damage with three rushing touchdowns for the Broncos, who improved to 7-0.

Also hurting the Packers was the loss of cornerbacks Sam Shields and Quinten Rollins in the first half. They did not return.

Last edited:
Total team loss.

Started with the coaches not coming up with a good game plan to counter the Bronco's pass rush.

D was atrocious.

Hopefully this is our "Chiefs game" that the Pats had last year where everyone left them for dead, but all these injuries are just nuts.

I don't mind losing to the Broncos's because it's a non NFC game and shouldn't hurt tie breakers but coming out of a bye this was pathetic.

Passing game-Everyone needs to be held accountable for. MM, Clements, Rodgers, Cobb(more so because of pay check) and the rest of the WR corps. 77 yards with arguably the best QB in the game is absurd and he was taking some hits but still had plenty of time.

DB-I don' know how the packers game out in Sheilds and Hayward on the outside and Hyde in the slot. I'm sorry but Hyde is a Dime corner in this league at best and all Randall has done is out perform Hayward on the outside. On top of that, why are we not bumping at all off the line, we give free releases and continue to get burnt on slants and crossing routes, why not help the DL out?

DL/OLB-You're facing one of the worst O lines in the league along with QB who has cement feet. The fact that you couldn't get to him was absurd. We pay a lot of money in cap space on Peppers, neal, and perry and can't afford performances like the one we got tonight.

Many issues with this game. As many have said, it's a total team loss. Worried about the O-line, lack of separation by WR's, list could go on and on. It's one game but some of these issues have been around a few weeks. it's just that the W's covered it up. This offense is no longer the potent offense that has been oversold to us by the media. That's not saying they can't become that again but right now, they are struggling mightily.

This is the defensive showing that I was leery about at the beginning of the season. The past few years have made me a bot gun shy because just as they look like they are making good strides, they tend to regress and give up tons of yards. Again, only one game and I understand there is an injury problem right now but this team has lots to work on.

I’ll keep this short.

• The Broncos’ defense hit Aaron Rodgers a ton. That will get into the head of any quarterback.
  • The Broncos exposed two key problems with the Packers defense. Outside contain and poor cornerback play.
  • Nice to see Micha Hyde pick up where he left off before the bye. It’s hard to keep watching Hyde trailing the tight end he is covering.
  • Julius Peppers plays when he wants to. This game in Denver was not a good game to decide not to play.
  • The Packers coaching staff is one of the most stubborn in the league. Why would you use so many deep routes against a team that rushes the passer so well? Also, how about moving receivers around more? How about running more bunch formations? These receivers aren’t winning one on one. Help them out a bit?
  • Aaron Rodgers was part of the problem tonight. When guys actually do get open he needs to get the ball to them.
  • The Packers coaching staff got out coached. As simple as that. Both teams had two weeks to prepare and the Broncos came out on top.
  • This game was a disappointing reason to stay up late.
  • I’ve been pretty positive about things so far. To see the Packers come out of the bye without making significant adjustments to get guys open makes it hard to stay positive.

Thank you for reading. Jeremy VanDerLinden is a lead writer and owner of Titletown Sound Off. You can follow him on Twitter @TTSO_Jeremy. For even more Packers content, follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook.

Continue reading...

You can't say we've been exposed when we started 6-0. That wasn't an accident.

But our biggest concerns from the season remain. It starts with the passing game. Our WR corp can't get open even with plenty of time. Adams was a joke out there and Jones disappeared. We have no deep threat. Hopefully, Montgomery can get back and become that kind of player.

It cascaded down to the running game. Because we can't expose a team deep, the safeties and linebackers don't feel pressured to step back in their coverage. So they're crashing down on runs and Lacy can't find a running lane.

I can't say whether I blame Clements or Rodgers or the WRs for the fact that they didn't take a single deep shot on this secondary. My guess is that it's a little of each of them.

The defense wasn't good. I'm willing to give them a bit of a break because they were missing half their secondary, but Casey was just awful out there. Got burned over and over again. It's clear he's better off in the slot.

I'm not panicking or anything. The Packers have a game like this once a season, it seems. The question is whether they can get back. Carolina next week will be a big test.

This team was not going to go 16-0. I am hoping that this lose brings the team down to earth and shows them they have things they need to fix. If this is a lose that can help the team improve then I won't complain about it.

Not much to add. Total team fail.

One thing I seem to notice is that AR seems to not trust himself or his receivers as much as he used to. He made a name for himself being able to throw into tight windows. Now it seems like he won't make those throws. Guys are at times get a little separation but he won't make that throw. That said, I don't get the lack of separation we are seeing. Maybe my off-season needs thread should be modified to include a top-flite WR.

The blame can be spread around, but geez, 77 yards passing!!! . . . that's not a number we should be seeing from the Packers with a QB like AR. It's the bottom of the downward spiral this passing offense has been in for the past half dozen games.

Back