Post Game: Pats Top GB 21-17

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
First time I've seen a pre-season game end due to injury and almost as old as dirt, I agree with it just odd.

Good outing by the first string units and we saw some reps out of both the 2nd and thirds.

DL looked much better, Cox just might get a PS spot.
OL has question marks after the first 7.
WR looked better but depth got injured late.
I like Wilson better than Taylor, but he's a practice squad guy.

Lets get rested up and finish the last week of camp.

From being at the game. Love early seemed off target and WR had to reach for balls. WR and TE both having issues getting seperated. Valentine struggled seemed to go for ball a couple times and got burned in process. Toure got return man job tonight and still see nothing special in this kid despite fans being high on him. As return many ran way to much east and west instead of north and south.

Wilson I think has played himself on this team not sure either Goodson or Taylor make it onto the 53. Heath also I think is going to make it hard for this team to cut GB just might keep 7 WR.

PS brought my 11 year old nephew to his first game. Loved it was cheering a bunch and said he would like to go again.

From being at the game. Love early seemed off target and WR had to reach for balls. WR and TE both having issues getting seperated. Valentine struggled seemed to go for ball a couple times and got burned in process. Toure got return man job tonight and still see nothing special in this kid despite fans being high on him. As return many ran way to much east and west instead of north and south.

Wilson I think has played himself on this team not sure either Goodson or Taylor make it onto the 53. Heath also I think is going to make it hard for this team to cut GB just might keep 7 WR.

PS brought my 11 year old nephew to his first game. Loved it was cheering a bunch and said he would like to go again.
I would say the WR was a step off early ..the deep to Doubs was on him,his route was off. Remember these are timing routes in this offense, Rodgers had the same issue last yr meaning it's the WR and coaching, not the QB'S. That's something I have learned this preseason without a doubt. Toure is the #2 true slot behind Reed, Heath is a bubble player to me, he's making plays against #3 DB that might be flipping burgers in two weeks.

I would say the WR was a step off early ..the deep to Doubs was on him,his route was off. Remember these are timing routes in this offense, Rodgers had the same issue last yr meaning it's the WR and coaching, not the QB'S. That's something I have learned this preseason without a doubt. Toure is the #2 true slot behind Reed, Heath is a bubble player to me, he's making plays against #3 DB that might be flipping burgers in two weeks.
Both Doubs and Watson have the same issue (many WR do), they both tend to drift toward the sideline and then have to fight back through coverage, it makes these throws look ugly. Go watch some vintage Davante Adams or Jordy Nelson, you see how they keep pressure on the DB and give themselves a couple yards to the sideline to work with, gives the QB a place to drop the ball. I agree, that’s a coaching point.

I can’t believe he’s regressing, I don’t know when but he’s playing himself out of a job.
Had GB been willing to step outside it's box of drafting OL who can play more then one spot on the OL GB could have drafted perhaps the best OL in the NFL right now.

I kinda like the overall vibe though. First time in years, since I want to say 2007 under McCarthy that they didn't seem to be sleepwalking through these games. They've got a little bit of juice.

After the late hit on the slide, I think we got to see the real Jordan Love. It looked like he was pissed or driven. Like he had an attitude.

He seemed to forget the pressure of having to make the right read and perfect throw. He just played football. The throw to Reed was dynamite.

I’m really looking to Love playing an entire game. Where he can get to the point where he is totally immersed in the game.

I saw something in Love after that hit. Like he had something to prove….NOT to the Packer fans or coaches, but to the other team…the Patriots. Like, I’m going to ram this football down your throats and score a touchdown!

And he did!

Back