Post Game : Packers over NE 27-24 in OT

Joe Barry is who he is. He prefers zone to man and that loosey-goosey front. Devonte Wyatt was supposed to be a 1st round impact guy and that hasn't happened. Basically the same front as last yr.

Not going to lie they may have a couple of super games but for the most part, expect more of the same.
Like going into Baskin & Robbins, and they say; "You can have any flavor you want as long as it's vanilla."

Joe Barry is who he is. He prefers zone to man and that loosey-goosey front. Devonte Wyatt was supposed to be a 1st round impact guy and that hasn't happened. Basically the same front as last yr.

Not going to lie they may have a couple of super games but for the most part, expect more of the same.
Wyatt will progress. Took Kenny a year or two. Not sweating him.

Be nice if we could shut the run down tho. Maybe try playing with a lead.

Like going into Baskin & Robbins, and they say; "You can have any flavor you want as long as it's vanilla."
Barry may or may not be smart enough to win the chess game consistently. However, it seems with this scheme, he doesn't have to be.

Defense propped this team up last year and excluding turnovers, has held opponents under 20, so far. The season is young, but I'm way more let down by the offense.

I'm getting tired of saying a win is a win is a win. This was a VERY dissatisfying win. A LOT of meh play out there.

On the Rodgers pick-six IDK why he's throwing to Lazard -- he has Cobb and Tonyan open. My guess is he was locked on Lazard, who wasn't really open or in a position to catch that ball anyway. There are too many moments of Rodgers not working his progressions still and it's annoying. Played much much better in 2nd half, but that first half was very concerning.

I might be on the Fire Barry bandwagon. I might be driving it by end of season. I'm glad they didn't go into a prevent defense against Zappe inside the two minute warning of the 4th quarter though.

It's pretty much what the Rams D would be without Donald, isn't it?

I'm no expert but I think when the opposing team's main gameplan against your D is "run it straight ahead because these guys are soft", you got big problems.
Yeah, I've soured on Barry. I can't get started on how I really feel about his defense, or I'd be venting all night. To me, it was an iffy hire to begin with, but that defense seemed to get manhandled and they play soft. As Mark said, I better get used to more of the same.

I'm getting tired of saying a win is a win is a win. This was a VERY dissatisfying win. A LOT of meh play out there.
In other years, you knew they had the talent, may have had a few injuries to battle through but you could tell the talent was there which as eventually gonna gel. You just hoped they could battle through and win the games on their way to cranking up the machine. This year has a weird feel to it, imo, what I'm seeing is what they got. I'm sure there is some room to grow but I feel the ceiling is in sight for this season.

Last edited:
With the win over NE and the Bears loss to the Giants, GB and Chicago are now tied for most wins in NFL history at 785 wins.

With the win over NE and the Bears loss to the Giants, GB and Chicago are now tied for most wins in NFL history at 785 wins.
I've been waiting for this since the dark days of the 80s.

Back