Post Game Packers Defeat Vikings 21-16

Wow GBP. I would hate to see you after a loss. haha. I thought the OL pass blocked pretty well most of the day. AR held the ball to long on some plays again. The Vikings have a good pass rush and imo we held them in check.

I am not a Graham fan but hes here for the season and we need to live with it. The money does not matter at this point. I will say it was stupid to have him blocking hunter. why would we put him on an island with a top notch pass rusher.

The D played well and could have been even better. Alexander should of had 2 or 3 pics if he just catches the ball. On the long TD he doesn't need to just knock that sucker down. It was 3rd and a mile. a pic there is moot.

Pass rush was on cousins all day, just need to finish. the pressure did rattle him though.

on O we est the running game. Started fast but didn't finish drives after the 1st quarter. The O is still growing and played 2 tough D teams. They will improve and when they start playing 4 quarters of football we will be a tough out for any team in this league.

The 4th down blunder cant happen though. it almost came back to bite us in the ass. I heard what AR said but its not excuse, go up 3 scores and it would have broke minny.

2-0 against 2 div teams. Great start to the season. on to the next one

FYI on the 4th down and not kicking a FG. AR addressed the 4th down play in his presser & took responsibility for it. He thought we had made the First down on the previous play & thought it was First rather than 4th down. Got the play off before LaFleur could stop him

#1 I had no issues going for it. On that drive you were getting 3-4 yds per carry and had a nice rhythm going. Its a bit puzzling why Rodgers or ML did not ask for a measurement and get the distance right, and honestly I would not have been hesitant to challenge that spot, I thought he got to the sticks

First off, that was a magnificent "first 15" or "first 20" whatever you want to call it plays by ML. Against Chicago we got glimpses of what the offense can be in a play or two here and there. We got a full quarter of it yesterday and it was awesome. Running the ball, those nice zone stretch plays, screens, Rodgers standing in the pocket and delivering lasers on time (!!!).

Then Zimmer adjusted and that was all she wrote. I have nits here and there but overall, even though they ran the ball plenty, I thought they could've run it even more while they were locking up our WR. If nothing else those hand offs keep the clock moving and shorten the game while you have a lead. Similar to last week, the plays looked like a lot of all or nothing - I still want to see more RBs leaking out of the backfield for short gains. Rodgers seems allergic to easy completions sometimes and ML seems to have joined him.

I agree with many others in this thread, you're seeing the chickens come home to roost on the lack of investment in offensive skill positions. This is still an offense built for MM in many ways - we still need a genuine two-way threat at TE (really they need to find out if Tonyan is that guy at all, and sooner than later), and the parade of UDFA and late round WR are what they are. MVS is a really nice player for the 5th round but he's still developing. Remember it took Adams really 3 years to become a good pro. We don't really have a twitchy slot WR who causes match up problems.

Overall I credit Gute heavily for being 2-0 right now, right? I mean last week it was Amos and the Smiths and JK Scott with the big plays, this week it was Savage tipping an INT to Preston Smith, Alexander with some really nice plays in coverage against two of the best WR in the league (Willie Mays basket catch INT attempt notwithstanding...) These are guys he drafted or signed making big plays when needed.

Finally, this list turns over every couple years due to the nature of the position, but I am calling it right now, Dalvin Cook is the best RB in the league. Holy cow...

cook is good but not the best in the league imo. the 75 yard td he really didn't do anything special and after that he was around 4 yards a carry. again very good but the best is a long stretch to me.

I couldn't disagree more about going for it pack. you take the points there every time. it puts us up 3 scores going into half. I get we were moving the ball but still got to play smart. I do agree ML should have asked for a spot. It was a big point swing and momentum.

cook is good but not the best in the league imo. the 75 yard td he really didn't do anything special and after that he was around 4 yards a carry. again very good but the best is a long stretch to me.

I couldn't disagree more about going for it pack. you take the points there every time. it puts us up 3 scores going into half. I get we were moving the ball but still got to play smart. I do agree ML should have asked for a spot. It was a big point swing and momentum.
We can agree to disagree One of McCarthys faults was not going for the kill shot. Minny defense was on its heels on that drive, we were pushing the line...7 closes it out

As to Cook his speed and how explosive he was made that run special. He would have broke one more but lineman tripped him in the hole.

We were wrecking them in the interior of the OL. He was doing everything. Lesser backs would be getting hit for losses, he was running through our guys to at least get positive yardage. When their OL did block properly they were big gains or you saw the homerun. As Packinatl pointed out, if his own OL didn't trip him up he'd have another 25+ yard TD. Was really impressed with him. When he came out he seemed smallish to me but he's put it all together at this point.

oh he is impressive no doubt. the kid is really good. I just don't think he is the best in the league. that's not a knock on him.
on the long run Lancaster got completely blown out of the middle and the guard got an easy block on Marty who cheated over a little to much. he ran though a huge hole and only guy that touched him was savage checking his shoe laces. I was more impressed with his runs that he got stopped at the line and he found daylight to make some tough yardage.

Couldn't agree more.

Back