Post Game Packers Defeat Vikings 21-16

I'm pumped we are 2-0 against division opponents and have a defense that can make stops. The punting has been great as well. Our first three drives were on point. This allows me to believe that we do have moving pieces to be a successful offense. Some of it will take time, and that is how it goes sometimes in the modern NFL. I get why some people are concerned, but I do believe it will work out. A lot of season left, but the 2-0 is a nice start.
It's a promising start. It's also a reality check when things start to big down. This will take some time for the offense to get but there was definitely some good in this game.

2-0 start is HUGE. Offense was very good early but could not adjust to the MN adjustments.
Cook is really good, but sloppy tackling reared it’s ugly head again.
Need to fix that.
Let's also not forget that the MN defense is no slouch; maybe not quite to the level of the Bears, but still pretty good.

Let's also not forget that the MN defense is no slouch; maybe not quite to the level of the Bears, but still pretty good.
Agreed. Zimmer always seems to be able to adjust very well.

One thing that is clear after 2 weeks is that unless #17 gets free the passing game struggles. The rest of the group cannot get separation vs press coverage. TE group is pedestrian. Now that some film is out ML needs to figure out a fix. On the plus side Jones got involved in the passing game. Defense was ok not great. Can’t lose Smith. I’ll take 2-0 but it’s I’ll reserve my enthusiasm, could easily be 0-2

One thing that is clear after 2 weeks is that unless #17 gets free the passing game struggles. The rest of the group cannot get separation vs press coverage. TE group is pedestrian. Now that some film is out ML needs to figure out a fix. On the plus side Jones got involved in the passing game. Defense was ok not great. Can’t lose Smith. I’ll take 2-0 but it’s I’ll reserve my enthusiasm, could easily be 0-2

Seems the WR thing has been going on a few years now. Not sure there's a fix for this year. Hopefully it'll be addressed in FA or the draft. Maybe ML will be able to adjust after having a couple game tapes to review.

thumbsup
  • Savage has all pro written all over him. He gets a pass on the Cook TD because it’s Cook running full speed with 20 yards of open field.
  • AR getting the ball out in rhythm for most of 1st half.
  • Commitment to running Jones mixed in with aggressive and creative calls.
  • Overall D performance.
thumbsdown))
  • Alexander alligator arms on Diggs TD and dropped pick. Kudos for being in position to make a play, but you still gotta make the play kid.
  • Tempo after the first 16 minutes. Too slow and allowed the D to diagnose the play. Get the play in quicker, get the call off sooner, snap the ball faster.
  • Rodgers holding the ball too long. Needed another receiver to step up besides Adams.

Back