Post Game Packers Defeat The Bears 24-23

There were a bunch of dudes sucking wind last night. Both teams both sides of the ball. But watching the guys in the green shirts look out of shape pisses me off.
When you play 10 preseason snaps and get "days off" it'll bite ya in the backside those first 4 games, also going to see 2-3 of them on the injury list soon.

here's a look at the packers snaps counts vs. the bears.

Offense

RG Justin McCray - 60 snaps (100 percent)
LG Lane Taylor - 60 snaps (100 percent)
LT David Bakhtiari - 60 snaps (100 percent)
RT Bryan Bulaga - 60 snaps (100 percent)
C Corey Linsley - 60 snaps (100 percent)
WR Davante Adams - 59 snaps (98 percent)
TE Jimmy Graham - 59 snaps (98 percent)
WR Randall Cobb - 52 snaps (87 percent)
QB Aaron Rodgers - 46 snaps (77 percent)
WR Geronimo Allison - 42 snaps (70 percent)
RB Jamaal Williams - 37 snaps (62 percent)
RB Ty Montgomery - 23 snaps (38 percent)
TE Lance Kendricks - 19 snaps (32 percent)
QB DeShone Kizer - 14 snaps (23 percent)
TE Marcedes Lewis - Seven snaps (12 percent)
WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling - Two snaps (three percent )

Defense

S Kentrell Brice - 70 snaps (100 percent)
LB Blake Martinez - 70 snaps (100 percent)
CB Kevin King - 70 snaps (100 percent)
S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - 70 snaps (100 percent)
CB Tramon Williams - 70 snaps (100 percent)
LB Clay Matthews - 60 snaps (86 percent)
DL Kenny Clark - 54 snaps (77 percent)
CB Jaire Alexander - 49 snaps (70 percent)
CB Josh Jackson - 46 snaps (66 percent)
DL Muhammad Wilkerson - 43 snaps (61 percent)
LB Nick Perry - 41 snaps (59 percent)
LB Reggie Gilbert - 37 snaps (53 percent)
DL Mike Daniels - 33 snaps (47 percent)
S Jermaine White - 25 snaps (36 percent)
DL Dean Lowry - 15 snaps (21 percent)
LB Antonio Morrison - 11 snaps (16 percent)
LB Kyler Fackrell - Four snaps (six percent)
DL Montravius Adams - Two snaps (three percent)

Worries me Adams still can't get on field even healthy looking like he might be a bust of a pick.

Also surprising that with how bad CM3 was playing that Fackrell only got 4 snaps.

Davis was inactive and wonder why the team just does not cut bait with him

Worries me Adams still can't get on field even healthy looking like he might be a bust of a pick.

For this game in particular, they played a good amount of 2 and even 1 man DL looks. Pettine threw all of his DBs out there because he just decided to treat Cohen and the Bears' TE's as WR. There weren't a lot of DL snaps to go around in this one so it's not surprising Adams didn't play much.

Beyond that - look, he was a bit of a dog in college and it's carrying over to the pros. Before anything else they need these DL to play their gaps and play assignment sure, and so that's a big part of trying to turn this guy into a pro. Interior DL is just one of those spots where it takes guys a little while to develop, if at all. And it also needs to be said: this is really his rookie year. Last year was a wash with that foot injury, so this is the start for him. Let's see what happens over the season.

I think what made things happen in the second half was that Aaron was getting the ball out. He couldn't go sandlot, because of his knee, so he had to hit the open guy. When he does that, good things happen.

I was thinking about that yesterday. He seems to play better sometimes when he is hurt. Stops trying to make the big plays.

I was thinking about that yesterday. He seems to play better sometimes when he is hurt. Stops trying to make the big plays.
DING DING DING!!
Winner-Winner Chicken Dinner! CLP)CLP)

Good things happen when you play within the scheme/yourself and let teammates make plays, rather than trying to force the big play by yourself. jawdrop)

How novel!

Back