Post Game Packers Defeat The Bears 24-23

Just a few quick thought before I go to bed.

The O-line needs an infusion of talent via the draft. I'm still not sure about the whole secondary as a whole, but I like how Brice closes quickly in support. If they stay healthy the CBs look like a better group than we've seen for a while. The league is built around making it as easy as possible for QBs and WRs so every CB group is going to give up stuff, but it seems like there were fewer "blown" coverages than in the past. Lastly, the LBs really need to tackle better.

This was a classic Mike McCarthy "Lull" game. Dude really needs to get it together, because he is auditioning for a new contract. If he doesn't make a convincing case for himself, he's gonna be coaching in Cleveland next year.

Hopefully Aaron's not hurt too badly, but maybe he'll start getting the damn ball out a little faster.

THOUGHTS:
-Jimmy Graham didn't do much.

-WTF Clay? Late hit on the QB with the game on the line? Is this dude repaying gambling debts? Dude has lost it, can't get to the QB anymore.

-Gilbert made a great play in coverage. Cyril Obiozor never did that!

-Gmo, baby! I shit talked him all preseason but he came through, even got DEEP.

-Cobb showed some of his old flash. I haven't seen him change direction like he did on that kickoff, since maybe '14. And then outrunning people to the end zone, WHAT!?

-Yeah, Brice looked good. Pettine might be using him in a way that is useful for his skill set.

-Jermaine Whitehead did some good things.

-Wow, the defense getting a stand when they needed to. Several times, then TWICE (due to Clay's penalty) at the end. Good to see.

The Pack is Back!

Defense looked pretty bad at times, but my take away is that the defense of 2011-2017 probably blows this game at the end. Allison and Cobb both made huge plays I didn't think they were capable of making, Cobb's YAC and Allison's Julio Jones TD catch.

Okay, I am on coffee cup 3 so now I think I can write,

That was one hell of a comeback win, I really think Chicago thought as we all did that game was over at half and didn't adjust at all. Based on what we saw Monday our defense can be run on at times and still needs some work vs certain looks in the passing game. Mitch T isn't a top 10 QB in the league so let's not get too hyped yet on defense.

Offensively the OL is an Achilles heel again and as PackinAtl will get Rodgers hurt without an upgrade ( In this case more hurt) We will have to see if Aaron Jones brings some juice in the running game or not week 3 because right now no one is scared with what we have. That second half was unreal as far as Rodgers BUT winning late vs the Bears by 1 isn't a reason to throw a super bowl party... a lot of work needs to be done.

Great win, on to the Vikings!

** NOTE ~ The Bears are 2 playmakers away from being a big-time pain in the backside. Enjoy it while you can.

Last edited:
thumbsup

Aaron Rodgers - He had a pretty good 2nd half.

Randall Cobb - 9 catches, 142 yards, 1 TD

Davante Adams - 5 catches, 88 yards, 1 TD

Geronimo Allison - 5 catches, 69 yards, 1 TD

Nick Perry - Saved Clay's Ass

Reggie Gilbert - Great coverage on Cohen

Muhammad Wilkerson - Really came to play in 2nd half.

thumbsdown))

Clay Matthews - Only made 1 play that anyone will remember.

Deshon Kizer - Produced -7 points while in there.

Justin McCray - Looked overmatched at times.

Brian Bulaga - Tough matchup, but his overall prognosis is questionable at this point.

thumbsdown)) - I'm going a different direction with mine and saying Gutekunst. Just for not having a better plan at the #2 QB spot. We got a brief glimpse into what will happen if AR gets hurt. I don't think Kizer is the answer. He may be worse than Hundley. Hell even the Bucs have a better backup QB than GB.

thumbsdown)) - I'm going a different direction with mine and saying Gutekunst. Just for not having a better plan at the #2 QB spot. We got a brief glimpse into what will happen if AR gets hurt. I don't think Kizer is the answer. He may be worse than Hundley. Hell even the Bucs have a better backup QB than GB.

The way Fitz plays, he could throw 6 INT's next week. He's a Jekyll/Hyde type player.
He was great yesterday though.

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about the defense. They have a long way to go, but they hung in there after spotting CHI 10 points on the first two drives and allowed only 3 more points against what numerous people predict will be an improved Bears offense.

Pettine has his hands full, but getting his defensive players to buy into what he wants out of them could become an interesting story as the season progresses.

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about the defense. They have a long way to go, but they hung in there after spotting CHI 10 points on the first two drives and allowed only 3 more points against what numerous people predict will be an improved Bears offense.

my thoughts exactly. clearly they are still a work in progress. but there is justification for optimism.

what impressed me most about this game - besides aaron rodgers' amazing performance - was the team appeared to have some fire in them again. at least in the second half. i hope they can maintain that fire and build on it. i saw some resilience that i have not seen from them in a while. except when kizer was in there. that guy just doesn't have it. i'm not sure what they saw in him.

Back