Post Game: Packers defeat Steelers 27-17

the trip was bizarre because they called it correctly and picked up the flag. Whatever.
Yep and Rodgers was even screaming at the refs about it and still picked it up. Usually star QB's get those calls.

Overall I came away a little bummed about the offensive performance. I think they left a lot of meat on the bone, with poor throws from Rodgers, poor play calling, odd formations etc. I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist but I see the influence of Rodgers at work here. May too much empty backfield, too much 4 wide. The offense is at its best when it's running through Aaron Jones, and Adams secondarily. However, too many times - especially with a lead later in the game- they kept chucking it. They didn't really get Jones going, there seemed to be an emphasis on Cobb which IMO is a huge step back. Maybe I'm overreacting, maybe it was just a matter of Cobb running some savvy routes against zone D, but a sloppy game in the rain, Jones and Dillon should've gotten more touches.

P.S. Corey Bojorquez had another really nice game. Had a great coffin corner punt inside the 5 and one field flipper from his own end zone out to he Pitt 38 I think. Well worth the 6th rounder.

Overall I came away a little bummed about the offensive performance. I think they left a lot of meat on the bone, with poor throws from Rodgers, poor play calling, odd formations etc. I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist but I see the influence of Rodgers at work here. May too much empty backfield, too much 4 wide. The offense is at its best when it's running through Aaron Jones, and Adams secondarily. However, too many times - especially with a lead later in the game- they kept chucking it. They didn't really get Jones going, there seemed to be an emphasis on Cobb which IMO is a huge step back. Maybe I'm overreacting, maybe it was just a matter of Cobb running some savvy routes against zone D, but a sloppy game in the rain, Jones and Dillon should've gotten more touches.

P.S. Corey Bojorquez had another really nice game. Had a great coffin corner punt inside the 5 and one field flipper from his own end zone out to he Pitt 38 I think. Well worth the 6th rounder.
I am very surprised how well OL is playing. Kept Rodgers upright mostly and the running game had a very good game.

With Cobb remember it was #12 himself who said week or two ago they need to get him more invovled with the offense.

I am very surprised how well OL is playing. Kept Rodgers upright mostly and the running game had a very good game.

With Cobb remember it was #12 himself who said week or two ago they need to get him more invovled with the offense.
The "Rodgers scrambles around and finds Cobb" offense should be dead and buried, and I hate seeing even glimpses of it.

ML even said that how quick they got there he thought they had to jump. Turns out it was a 1 in 10 chance when they timed the snap perfect.
Teams time the snap, we can get them to jump. Free first down.

They have a ton of injuries and aren't firing on all cylinders. I want them peaking late in the season. Just win, baby.

There were some passes that ARod made that I was disappointed with that could have gone as scores....overall though, happy with the game. Still am not happy with Njiman playing.

Next up Burrow and the 3-1 Bengals

Back