Post Game: Packers Comeback Beat Saints 18-17

Add in here this is the third cycle of building something special. The Favre and Rodgers era gave us trophies. Let's see if this can lead to another...point being. Enjoy the Ride gopackgo
I still think we have piece on the defense but right now we are asking a one of those gorilla's taught sign language to try to put the different shapes into the correct slot. While the gorilla might get one correct ever now and then the gorilla is going to have a hard time figuring out how to make most of them fit.

So we know how close any of the guys who were out today to being able to play on short week on Thursday? One I am not sure of is Bak. I would not be shocked if he's milking his knee saying he can't go just because he really does not want to play in GB anymore but knows he is stuck here for this year so he can just say his knee is hurting to bad and skip as many games as possible if not saying its so bad he needs to be on IR.

In all our celebrating, please remember that the reason we won today was helped a lot by Carr getting injured, and the fact that what would have been the game winning field goal by the Saints sailed off to the right.

You have to take wins like this in stride, and say that we were darned lucky. They have a lot of work to do to be more competitive.
In fairness, we're the ones who knocked Carr out tho too.

Derek Carr with reported AC sprain. No other damage. Doc says this type of injury could be a 1-4 week recovery.

In all our celebrating, please remember that the reason we won today was helped a lot by Carr getting injured, and the fact that what would have been the game winning field goal by the Saints sailed off to the right.

You have to take wins like this in stride, and say that we were darned lucky. They have a lot of work to do to be more competitive.
Luck comes and goes. Last year GB seemingly couldn’t catch a break, this year we’re getting some. Last year MN couldn’t lose in 1 score games, this year they’re 0-3. Luck isn’t a skill and you can’t take credit for it, but it’s not something to apologize for either. Go back and look at any great memorable game and you’ll see plenty of stuff like you just described. Hell, GBs last super bowl win happened because of 2 shoe string tackles and Cutler’s sprained MCL. Does any even remember that stuff?

Crazy though when it seemed GB was on it's way to like 500 yards in penalties the Saints ended up having more penalty yards than GB.

NOLA 7-102

GB 11-90

Crazy though when it seemed GB was on it's way to like 500 yards in penalties the Saints ended up having more penalty yards than GB.

NOLA 7-102

GB 11-90
70% of their penalty yards must’ve come from those two PI penalties

So would like to see the snap counts today. Van Ness and Preston Smith both only had 1 tackle today. If GB is going to win games we will need better out of both then just 1 tackle each.

Lots of tackles by the d-backs yesterday. Surprising number.

On a side note. With Carr in the line up against the Packers, they scored 17 points. With Winston, zip! I wonder if we would have held them scoreless in the second half if Carr hadn't left the game due to his injury?

That's why I'm carefully optimistic on games like this. But, what shined most in this game was Love. He showed poise against a defense that has proven to be one of the best in the league already this year.

To me, that was a win on it's own.

EDIT: I forgot to mention how well the offensive line played despite the injuries to Bakh & Jenkins. Only one sack for the Saints. Don't get hung up on the rushing numbers, or even the passing yardage, they aren't what's important. What is important is that they kept the Saints off Love well enough that he had time to make his throws.

Last edited:
On a side note. With Carr in the line up against the Packers, they scored 17 points. With Winston, zip! I wonder if we would have held them scoreless in the second half if Carr hadn't left the game due to his injury?
Carr led them to 10 pts, 7 were from a ST touchdown. Can’t say if they’re held scoreless if Carr was still in there, the NO offense has been struggling and it’s really been their defense that carried them.

What’s actually scary is that Barry’s defense hasn’t played a good offense yet. The Bears stink, Atlanta has talent but still young with a weak spot at QB, NO isn’t great either. This week against the Lions could be jarring, they could easily drop 30+ on GBs D

Back