Post Game: Packers Comeback Beat Saints 18-17

As the old saying goes a ugly win is still a win.

I thought the team was done at halftime even in 4th qtr down 17-3 with 11 left I thought a comeback would be hard how they were moving the ball. But this team gutted it out. Penalities was a killer today had to be close to a 100 yards in them.

Nixon needs to be told to stop taking the ball out of the endzone when he catches it 8 yards in.

But these WR still are young and going to be a much work inprogress.

Though on that 4th and 2 was that on Love bad throw or was he expecting the WR to run a different route?

As the old saying goes a ugly win is still a win.

I thought the team was done at halftime even in 4th qtr down 17-3 with 11 left I thought a comeback would be hard how they were moving the ball. But this team gutted it out. Penalities was a killer today had to be close to a 100 yards in them.

Nixon needs to be told to stop taking the ball out of the endzone when he catches it 8 yards in.

But these WR still are young and going to be a much work inprogress.

Though on that 4th and 2 was that on Love bad throw or was he expecting the WR to run a different route?
ML chewed out Taylor on the sideline so I think it was a bad route

Said it after the Chicago game as well but games like this are massive for Love’s credibility and standing. They traded Rodgers to move forward with him and fair or not, he’s gotta prove he can overcome adversity, lead the team, elevate his game and deliver wins.

Ah ok could not see that from stands. It seemed like Taylor stopped then started again.
I think it was drawn up as a kill shot/TD play, the throw was meant to hit the RB in stride and let him cruise past the LB. That said I don’t know how great the throw was even for the intended route but we’ll never know.

The team showed grit and the def rebounded from a horrible game last week..

Not much more you can ask, except for maybe not giving up a return TD….

The wins are gonna be ugly this year for the most part. But this year isn’t about style and finesse anyway. These games will build more confidence and grit for the young guys than big margin wins.

Today's game showed some encouraging signs about this young team's ability to stay focused when things are going poorly. Defensively Berry chose to try and keep in front rather than man up. Hurt at times but kept the Saints to 10 points.

Really this win is big in the confidence and moral dept, last note the ST issues are just sloppy and lazy mistakes. Fixable

I think it was drawn up as a kill shot/TD play, the throw was meant to hit the RB in stride and let him cruise past the LB. That said I don’t know how great the throw was even for the intended route but we’ll never know.
I have the slomo on my puter if I can figure out how to post it...it was tipped by the DE as I thought. So it doesn't matter on intent.

Back