Post Game: Packers Comeback Beat Saints 18-17

What an amazing game.

Jordan Love through two weeks proved...he could be a competent QB. He could be a guy who could manage a game in the way Brock Purdy could.

This game he showed he is CAPABLE of being an elite QB. There were SEVERAL balls he threw that the idiot calling the game made no note of(like Reed on the sideline where Love drops it in his hands and he gets pushed into the water coolers).

There are still WAAAY too many issues. Did Patrick Taylor run the wrong route or did Love just make that bad of a throw down near the goal line? Too many balls he wasn't putting out in front of the WRer, lots of drops. (see now it may have been tipped ?)

But in that 4th Quarter, he started to just let it rip and made some outstanding plays.

Also, PAY RASHAN GARY NOW! The longer you wait...he's actually going to have an argument to get paid more than Bosa. NOT that he's better, but he was in that elite group of edge rushers two years ago, he was elite last year and now he's got 3 sacks and 4 QB hits over Ryan Ramzyk who...I must have missed something, but he was one of the premiere pass blocking RTs very recently.

I don't think I learned anything new about the D. They can dominate, Barry sucks...death and taxes...

Newman held up...Walker was alright.

But man, Love can be so good when he's on. I hope we see him build off that vs Detroit since...that's pretty much what the whole season is about. Detroit has a tough defense, so another test next week.

This was a fantastic win. The Packers were arguably missing 5 of their top 6 players (Gary being the other one). Some dumb mistakes but it's a really young team. I think they could be very good once they are fully healthy. Hopefully that actually happens at some point this season.

I think they could be very good once they are fully healthy.
i truly hope that happens at some point this season, but i have my doubts. so many hamstrings. so many injuries. it is frustrating, but it isn't just us. the lions had even more players out today than the packers and they still beat the team we lost to last week. i think we are better than the vikings, and i know we are better than the bears. but i sure would love to win the division.

In all our celebrating, please remember that the reason we won today was helped a lot by Carr getting injured, and the fact that what would have been the game winning field goal by the Saints sailed off to the right.

You have to take wins like this in stride, and say that we were darned lucky. They have a lot of work to do to be more competitive.

In all our celebrating, please remember that the reason we won today was helped a lot by Carr getting injured, and the fact that what would have been the game winning field goal by the Saints sailed off to the right.

You have to take wins like this in stride, and say that we were darned lucky. They have a lot of work to do to be more competitive.
thank you for saying out loud what many of us have been saying silently to ourselves. there were some good things about this win. carr going out didn't impact jordan love's play. it's a bummer that it took until the latter part of the 4th quarter for love and his offense to start clicking, but it was essential for his development to have a comeback win like this early in his career.

Yeah okay but a little reminder, you yourself talked about all it would have taken was 1 more first down and or an interception the week before to win. So consider had that happened this is a 3-0 FB team.
The potential is there to be very good... are we winning a SB this year? No, but they have a heck of a base to build on it appears.

Back