Post Game: Packers Comeback Beat Saints 18-17

What’s actually scary is that Barry’s defense hasn’t played a good offense yet. The Bears stink, Atlanta has talent but still young with a weak spot at QB, NO isn’t great either. This week against the Lions could be jarring, they could easily drop 30+ on GBs D
Thanks for the reminder!

(y)
Jordan Love 22 of 44 with one TD rushing and 1 TD pass. Establishing his style of leadership. Showed poise and confidence in the clutch. A tremendous step forward for a good young player

R Gary. What pitch count? 3 sacks at key times. We need his heat Thursday to take Goff out of his game. Gary can do just that

Musgrave 6 catches, but again development. Luke is showing what he can do and can add a ton to the team. Love needs to hook up with him on flys and seam routes. A great young player

(n)

The injury bug. We have given enough. Our inactive list is on heart failure. We get some of those guys back, but sustained some losses in this game. Campbell left with an ankle and Zach Tom with a knee late. Also some of our back-up DBacks went down while I was still trying to figure out who they were. BUG leave us alone

ST Our D only gave up 10 points. But the punt kick team gave up six. Our snapper badly missed his tackle and functioned as a blocker for the Saints hampering some of our cover guys. Get em together coach B.

Once again, the kicking game held up it's end. Hard to believe Carlson hasn't missed one yet through 3 games. The defense did what it needed to. Those were my keys to winning games this season and they did the job on Sunday.

The good:
It all starts with Jordan Love and his composure.
The WR's making plays when they had to.
Rashan Gary for his ability to consistently pressure the QB.

The bad:
Special teams for giving up that punt return for a TD, and running back another kick-off from deep in the endzone.
The WR's for seemingly dropping almost every contested catch.
The injuries that are decimating this team right now.

There's more, both good and bad, but those were my highlights (and lowlights).

Carr led them to 10 pts, 7 were from a ST touchdown. Can’t say if they’re held scoreless if Carr was still in there, the NO offense has been struggling and it’s really been their defense that carried them.

What’s actually scary is that Barry’s defense hasn’t played a good offense yet. The Bears stink, Atlanta has talent but still young with a weak spot at QB, NO isn’t great either. This week against the Lions could be jarring, they could easily drop 30+ on GBs D
True. Plus their offense was dealing with injuries, just like the Packers. They were down in the RB department without Williams, and definitely wounded enough to make it tough for them to move the ball, even with Carr in there.

This all adds to the reasons I'm not going to start waving those flags as to how the Packers are about to explode into a power house in the NFL. Great win, but lke both of us know, we have to take it for a win, not the coming out party of a dynasty team.

I still think they're a 7 win team this year. I've seen nothing to change that opinion. I figured about 3, 4, and possibly 5, of those wins would come in the division. Outside of that, a lot of tough sledding.

True. Plus their offense was dealing with injuries, just like the Packers. They were down in the RB department without Williams, and definitely wounded enough to make it tough for them to move the ball, even with Carr in there.

This all adds to the reasons I'm not going to start waving those flags as to how the Packers are about to explode into a power house in the NFL. Great win, but lke both of us know, we have to take it for a win, not the coming out party of a dynasty team.

I still think they're a 7 win team this year. I've seen nothing to change that opinion. I figured about 3, 4, and possibly 5, of those wins would come in the division. Outside of that, a lot of tough sledding.
If I’m hyped for the win it’s not because i think they’re a power house, it was just an emotional, remarkable comeback win led by a young QB trying to make his way in the league. Way i see it, if we can’t get excited about these wins without conditions, why watch the games? I’ve felt the same about Rodgers leading these come backs, despite all the personal stuff and whatever was going on there, in the moment those drives and wins are why i watch (I’m sure the same for you!)

If I’m hyped for the win it’s not because i think they’re a power house, it was just an emotional, remarkable comeback win led by a young QB trying to make his way in the league. Way i see it, if we can’t get excited about these wins without conditions, why watch the games? I’ve felt the same about Rodgers leading these come backs, despite all the personal stuff and whatever was going on there, in the moment those drives and wins are why i watch (I’m sure the same for you!)
Very true. You have to enjoy the wins whenever they happen. I remember, back in the 70s and 80s, we'd drive over 200 miles each way to every home game, because we had season tickets. Sometimes we'd have to leave for GB a day or two early, if there was bad weather, and there were times we couldn't drive home on Sunday evenings. A normal Sunday to us was hitting the road for GB at about 6 AM, drive half way, have breakfast, and finish the drive. We'd do the drive home straight through. It made for long days for 2 1/2 hours of football, and then going home after another loss. Still, we kept our chins up, and supported the team.

You gotta be a believer to handle that week after week.

Back