Post Game Niners Defeat Packers 37-20 End Season.

I was on the fence too. I just don't think it's a good fit. ML very well could keep him another year, but ML doesn't have the capital that MM had when keeping Capers. What I mean by that, is that MM had a track record of having playoff teams, playoff wins, and a Suoer Bowl win. ML doesn't have that luxury of bought time, as of yet, so ML has to make decisions that will affect his future with the organization.

Again, I have no idea who to replace him with but I'm sure there are names known to ML and I'll trust that he hand his staff will get after it with due diligence.

Coach was concerned about players lack of fire. Wow.

I figured Pettine would get another year. I just hope the D improves. I'll trust ML on this since it's his legacy tied to Pettine

I just hope the D improves.

well, they did improve to 18th in yards per game and 9th in points per game. frankly i would have thought that would be enough to give us a fighting chance. hopefully they will improve even more.

well, they did improve to 18th in yards per game and 9th in points per game. frankly i would have thought that would be enough to give us a fighting chance. hopefully they will improve even more.

I didn't know that. That does seem like it should be enough with a Rodgers led offense. I'm not sure what the problem is then. I would have figured they weren't ranked that high

I would have fired Pettine. He made virtually no adjustments against the 49ers until the game was totally out of hand. Some of it invoked his lack of credible ILBs, some of it was on the players themselves. But dude was basically running out 1 DL looks against a defense that just ran down his throat in unprecedented fashion. Something like 150 yards were gained before contact. That's absurd. And that isn't something entirely new and unexpected, like when Kaep destroyed us on the read-option. It was just run the **** over - a flashback to the same issue that plagued our defense earlier in the year.

Coupled with the fact that MLF wasn't able to choose his own guy when he started here - something generally afforded to new head coaches - would have tipped me towards showing him the door.

I would have fired Pettine. He made virtually no adjustments against the 49ers until the game was totally out of hand. Some of it invoked his lack of credible ILBs, some of it was on the players themselves. But dude was basically running out 1 DL looks against a defense that just ran down his throat in unprecedented fashion. Something like 150 yards were gained before contact. That's absurd. And that isn't something entirely new and unexpected, like when Kaep destroyed us on the read-option. It was just run the **** over - a flashback to the same issue that plagued our defense earlier in the year.

Coupled with the fact that MLF wasn't able to choose his own guy when he started here - something generally afforded to new head coaches - would have tipped me towards showing him the door.

I'm okay with the decision. However, I do wonder what happened between LaFleur's PC this morning, when he would not commit to keeping Pettine, and the decision to keep him.

I'm okay with the decision. However, I do wonder what happened between LaFleur's PC this morning, when he would not commit to keeping Pettine, and the decision to keep him.

Yeah. It sort of sounded as if he might make a change. I was holding out hope

Back