Post Game Niners Defeat Packers 37-20 End Season.

They said they didnt want to get into the highs and lows like a roller coaster. That's cool, and I really liked how they kept their heads up in the second half.

But there's a difference between having ice in your veins and emotionally contracting. This was some Mike McCarthy shit. Learn the difference, and understand it going forward. Great season.

They said they didnt want to get into the highs and lows like a roller coaster. That's cool, and I really liked how they kept their heads up in the second half.

But there's a difference between having ice in your veins and emotionally contracting. This was some Mike McCarthy shit. Learn the difference, and understand it going forward. Great season.
It had no resemblance to MM at all... first off MM would have crapped the bed in 4 of those close wins and we lose. After that, we lose on the road in a wild card game and are one and done. So no this team has no MM in it.... what it does have is several of his players left.( ML will deal with that) Chill out and enjoy a 14 win season.

Last edited:
Got soundly beaten by the better team playing a very mistake-free game. Doesn't feel like injustice.

We would've needed the other team giving up those turnovers and penalties, then this could've been a close game.

Personally, I get easily bored by the repetitive draft talk, so the less time between our final game and the draft, the better, so this was a good season for me.

Really nice to be back where they should be. WAY better than 7 and freaking 9

Swept the bears.

Swept the vikings.

Beat Dallas

We have a GM that will actually try to make improvements outside the draft

_

Need a Legit #2 WR. You just can not continue to hope and pray that UDFA or 5th/6th rounders are going to come through. If MVS or GMO or ESB or Kummerow are being looked at as anything other than a 4th spot, that's a massive offseason fail.

Need a Legit TE. Is that on the roster? Don't think so, but they HAVE to do something here.

Need LBs. The current roster of LBs are little more than warm bodies.

The better team won.

Still proud of being a fan after the success this year. The fact they fought back to make a little interesting (two score game) was a great sign, too.

Only 3 major free agents to worry about - all well over 30 years old (Tramon, Bulaga, and Crosby). If that's it for those 3, they've been great Packers and all have Super Bowl rings. They've always been classy as well.

Things are looking exponentially better than last year at this time.

Well, got their asses handed to them again.

Slow start on offense except for opening drive where they decided not to go for it on 4th and 1 on their own 49.

Nothing else worth noting until 49ers backed off. They played close to LOS to start and Packers couldn't make them pay until later.

Defense fought but had enough trouble handling runs in the middle. They were totally outgunned trying to fit option runs off tackle. BOTH gaps were open, inside and out. Optioned guys, especially Za'Darius, did not know what to do.

I'd comment on the pass rush but 49ers didn't need to pass.

Special Teams were below mediocre with one decent return and one near turnover on a kickoff.

Rodgers first pic was an awful throw on a route that he and the receiver did not agree on.

Best indicator of play was 3rd and short on opening drive when Graham, instead of blocking the ILB, released to the middle and was open. But Rodgers was already throwing to Williams in the flat and the ILB tackled him short of first down. Disagreement on route, missed first down, punt and ballgame.

Sums up a weird, unsettling season where somehow they went 13-3.

Tough game all around. We were a 6-9-1 team last year. Improved the talent a lot during the off season but still have a long way to go.

First half every thing that could go wrong did. Second half was closer but the 49ers played off on D and made it easier for the Packer O.

Thoughts moving forward>>

Postives

We got pass rushers and decent secondary.

Lazard is going to be great and cheap number 3 WR next year.

Jenkins with the most impressive rookie season from a Packer since Clay or BJ.

Some of the youngsters gained valuable playoff experience.

We have an excellent head coach.

Negatives

The cupboard is bare in the front middle. Outside of Clark there isn’t anyone worth a crap on the DL.

We need a legit WR2 desperately.

ILB cupboard is completely empty.

Draft a decent swing OT.

After the past two terrible years and all the off-season changes, I'm relatively pleased with the season in general. I thought we were still a few players away from being a contender so I didn't expect to get this far this quickly.

Gotta get more disciplined against the run. Need help, need some horses who understand how to get the job done. Some of these young guys like Alexander, Savage, Gary, etc will start getting more savvy and that will help tremendously.

Let's take a break and gear up for the draft. gopackgo

Back