Post Game, GB drops a close one 19-17 to Denver

Too many spoiled rotten Packer fans for too many years. We all knew this was coming at some point. It's the start of the rebuild. Love needs live reps and the chance to play.

All the BS about he had 3 years blah blah. 3 years holding a clipboard means nothing. His OL is awful and even Rodgers couldn't do a lot with these WR but magically a first yr QB will?

Didn't feel like arguing? Are you okay? Did you bump your head? Fall down? Drink some bad tequila? Who are you? What have you done with RTB? Do we have to call 911?

He was 9-of-9, 90 yards, two touchdowns and a 147.9 passer rating on play action.... and you are saying his play fakes stink and their not effective? Seriously? To be blunt...I don't give a crap how they look if he gets those results.

see tw, this is why i didn't feel like arguing. if you watch the videos, you'll see that not one single defensive player bites on his fake hand-offs to the running back. as mark points out, that doesn't seem to matter when you look at love's results on play action. so maybe he shouldn't even bother to fake the hand off.

Too many spoiled rotten Packer fans for too many years. We all knew this was coming at some point. It's the start of the rebuild. Love needs live reps and the chance to play.

All the BS about he had 3 years blah blah. 3 years holding a clipboard means nothing. His OL is awful and even Rodgers couldn't do a lot with these WR but magically a first yr QB will?
Very true, we had back to back HOF QB and both of them looked like crap and plenty of people said the same thing we are hearing about Love the past couple of weeks. I really hope people lay off and give the kid a full season before being critical. Just my opinion.

see tw, this is why i didn't feel like arguing. if you watch the videos, you'll see that not one single defensive player bites on his fake hand-offs to the running back. as mark points out, that doesn't seem to matter when you look at love's results on play action. so maybe he shouldn't even bother to fake the hand off.
Why would they bite, our RB hardly gain any yards.

He was 9-of-9, 90 yards, two touchdowns and a 147.9 passer rating on play action.... and you are saying his play fakes stink and their not effective? Seriously? To be blunt...I don't give a crap how they look if he gets those results.

Mark, I am not ripping on Love himself necessarily. I am just wondering why this is happening when we have always had good play action fakes before. Coaching QBs is about attention to detail. Right now as you mentioned Love has an issue with getting his feet right when releasing the football at times. I am seeing the same thing on play action fakes. To me that is a coaching issue. Eventually, those things will come back to bite him if the coaches aren't making sure he is detailed in his delivery and his fundamentals.

Don't post often but this is my take as well. We have several years of 13-3 and winning records and the year almost everyone talked about being rough folks are still acting like this is all a surprise. I am going to take it one week at a time and see how the season turns out.

Mark, I am not ripping on Love himself necessarily. I am just wondering why this is happening when we have always had good play action fakes before. Coaching QBs is about attention to detail. Right now as you mentioned Love has an issue with getting his feet right when releasing the football at times. I am seeing the same thing on play action fakes. To me that is a coaching issue. Eventually, those things will come back to bite him if the coaches aren't making sure he is detailed in his delivery and his fundamentals.
Here's the thing, part of the feet is a coachable thing the other part is pressure even in play action. I had a kid that played QB for us 12-13 years ago while coaching, great arm and we ran almost all play action and roll out, awful feet and form, garbage handoffs etc. We coached him 6 days a week.. never really looked better, but he got us one game from a state title.

Two points, sometimes the form is overrated, most importantly and everyone here needs to listen to ML presser from yesterday... the whole thing and really listen. He needs live reps, he needs to make mistakes. The more reps, the quicker it all slows down. In my book it's the only way he learns and the only way to know what you got.

Back