Post Game, GB drops a close one 19-17 to Denver

Wasn't there an article out there about one of the recently released Packers QBs, basically saying he didn't get along with ML or something like that and alluded to that as a reason for release? I'm not trying to start a conspiracy theory or anything but, as in the article, sometimes its not always about a meritocracy. These coaches are human and maybe something is rubbing them wrong etc. Again, I'm not trying to start any hate for the coaches. Just playing devil's advocate to as why this guy has had such a long leash.

Well if it is an attitude issue, then why not trade him for a 3rd or 4th rounder? He has put enough decent play on tape to get something out of him. But to let him sit on the bench under a guy that he is better than is just screwing this guys career. Teams need LT's and RT's and Yosh is serviceable and could start for another team.

If I’m not mistaken ML is an analytics guy. And those types tend to stick to what their “data” says regardless of what the tape says or what you see with your eyes. Might explain some of these calls that don’t make sense.

I would not be shocked if we see at some point Jones come in at LT. I can see this team using this year as a test bed see what the young guys have and if they are worth developing if not release them in off-season and draft a new batch of developmental players.

Hmmm when you run the ball this happens.... go get a swing tackle, move Tom to center and go find another RB

I think right now to many holes to fill upcoming year. I can see Tom stay at tackle Myers stays at OC and in 2025 drafts a new center and lets Myers walk in FA.

I think right now to many holes to fill upcoming year. I can see Tom stay at tackle Myers stays at OC and in 2025 drafts a new center and lets Myers walk in FA.
Tom has short arms. They prefer him on the inside.

Tom has short arms. They prefer him on the inside.
Right now this year have no choice Myers goes to bench means you put Nijman at RT. I think right now if you make move it's Nijman at LT and Walker to the bench.

One other thing I have noticed on rewatching the game:

Do you all notice that Jordan Love's run fakes are pretty pathetic? The Denver LB's were not even thinking run at all on most of them. To me that is a coaching issue. Where is Tom Clements? AR and Favre were always great at running play action fakes. Why is Jordan not at this point? Also, Dillion was not even close to him on some of these run fakes which obviously didn't help with pulling the LB's either.

I understand that he is still getting the speed of the game and has a lot of other things to think about pre-snap but it still seems odd to me. These are fundamentals.

Anyone else see anything different?

Do you all notice that Jordan Love's run fakes are pretty pathetic? The Denver LB's were not even thinking run at all on most of them. To me that is a coaching issue. Where is Tom Clements? AR and Favre were always great at running play action fakes. Why is Jordan not at this point? Also, Dillion was not even close to him on some of these run fakes which obviously didn't help with pulling the LB's either.

I understand that he is still getting the speed of the game and has a lot of other things to think about pre-snap but it still seems odd to me. These are fundamentals.

i noticed it quite a bit on the video clips that kurt benkert posted today in his discussion about how the offensive woes are not love's fault. i was going to say something but didn't feel like arguing.

i noticed it quite a bit on the video clips that kurt benkert posted today in his discussion about how the offensive woes are not love's fault. i was going to say something but didn't feel like arguing.
Didn't feel like arguing? Are you okay? Did you bump your head? Fall down? Drink some bad tequila? Who are you? What have you done with RTB? Do we have to call 911?

He was 9-of-9, 90 yards, two touchdowns and a 147.9 passer rating on play action.... and you are saying his play fakes stink and their not effective? Seriously? To be blunt...I don't give a crap how they look if he gets those results.

Back