Post Game, GB drops a close one 19-17 to Denver

If I try to step back from it all, this is the growing pains - they are called "pains" cuz it hurts. They look bad. But we knew this was coming. Is it really worse than we thought it would be?

It SEEMS like it. It does to me. But really, what the hell did I think it would look like? A lot of close games with low scores, most of which they'd lose. Outside of the Lions game, that is more-or-less what we've had.

But the offensive and defensive lines still are not that good. The offensive line has been a disappointment, even with Jenkins back. Is it the play calling, asking them to do too much? Do they just suck more that we thought? I don't know enough to know. And the defensive line STILL gets pushed around. Still suck. The whole defense still plays soft and can't tackle.

So, it's pretty much what we thought (offense young and dumb; defense soft with an unimaginative and fruitless coordinator), it's just that actually seeing it unfold is painful.

And if Matty Flower doesn't let Joe Barely go at the end of the season, well you know.

Done with this weeks packer therapy

Jordan Love has played bad. I'm not an apologist. But let's not lose sight of the fact that Aaron Rodgers was 1-5 as his 1st 6 starts as Packers starting QB in 2008 . He also threw 7 INTs and probably had better more experienced offensive players around him. It takes time.

Of course I thought the Packers were so broken last year during the 5 game losing streak that they were unfixable yet they fought back from 4-8 to 8-9 so who knows?

As bad as it's been they had opportunity to win the last 2 games and came up short. I think all we can do is take it week by week and hope they figure it out.

You can't make it up with Walker, yet we continue to put him out there. Nijman cannot be worse than him. There is no possible way.
Something else has to be in play. Maybe they see something in practice that we don't see. I know, that's cliche' but it's grasping at straws. This O-Line feels like a mess and they are riding it out to see if it straightens itself out,

Something else has to be in play. Maybe they see something in practice that we don't see. I know, that's cliche' but it's grasping at straws. This O-Line feels like a mess and they are riding it out to see if it straightens itself out,
I have no idea what Walker has done to earn the leash he’s been given. I get that day 1,2 picks will get a very long leash and get their shot to play and develop. Walker is 7th round, basically a priority free agent. Why they’re letting him stay out there when they have a similar alternative on the roster who might be able to play better is just beyond me. I imagine Stenovich has a lot of say in OL personnel decision and he has been stubbornly loyal to guys who can’t play. Hansen, Newman, now Walker. I don’t get it.

I have no idea what Walker has done to earn the leash he’s been given. I get that day 1,2 picks will get a very long leash and get their shot to play and develop. Walker is 7th round, basically a priority free agent. Why they’re letting him stay out there when they have a similar alternative on the roster who might be able to play better is just beyond me. I imagine Stenovich has a lot of say in OL personnel decision and he has been stubbornly loyal to guys who can’t play. Hansen, Newman, now Walker. I don’t get it.
Wasn't there an article out there about one of the recently released Packers QBs, basically saying he didn't get along with ML or something like that and alluded to that as a reason for release? I'm not trying to start a conspiracy theory or anything but, as in the article, sometimes its not always about a meritocracy. These coaches are human and maybe something is rubbing them wrong etc. Again, I'm not trying to start any hate for the coaches. Just playing devil's advocate to as why this guy has had such a long leash.

Back