Post-game: GB Beats The Rams 20-3

After watching and re-watching:

Carrington Valentine - spicy! More of this please. He was sticky all day and ready for a battle.

Ant Johnson Jr - this team was starting Rudy Ford when they could’ve been giving this guy reps?

Sean Rhyan - the big one. this team was starting Royce Newman for a spell when they could’ve been starting this guy? He played all of 6-7 snaps subbing for Runyan and there was three times the RB ran behind him. He did a nice job getting his guy turned and sealed off, creating a clear lane for the RB. Runyan tends to fall off those blocks but this dude has anchor. I don’t know how he’ll do with a whole game but he 100% warrants getting a look for a whole game right now.

And the bad:

- Process penalties, i.e. offsides, false starts, illegal shifts etc. As i get older i find i don’t react strongly to big plays one way or the other. Score a TD? Cool. Give up a TD? Damn that sucks. The only thing i really react to are these damn penalties. It makes me nuts because it’s not even football. And it isn’t just rookies, it’s vets too.

- I thought ML coached scared at times. I think he’s the de facto leader of the team and they’re picking up his energy. He’s kind of all over the place and the offense plays like it

- Love. He had a good game, an efficient game, but he still looked like he’s lacking some confidence. I just want to see him playing fast and loose. He’s almost too coachable right now. Trying to do the right thing the way they want him to rather than just some of that “we gonna score TDs eff it” attitude that every QB needs. I want to see him play make a little more, rip the ball a little more instead of aiming it.

Sean Rhyan - the big one. this team was starting Royce Newman for a spell when they could’ve been starting this guy? He played all of 6-7 snaps subbing for Runyan and there was three times the RB ran behind him. He did a nice job getting his guy turned and sealed off, creating a clear lane for the RB. Runyan tends to fall off those blocks but this dude has anchor. I don’t know how he’ll do with a whole game but he 100% warrants getting a look for a whole game right now.
I thought the way Yosh Nijman played before getting hurt was a bigger head-scratcher.. a much better pass pro and outside runs with him in there. Yet, we waited 2 months to switch why? Rhyan only played because Runyan was hurt and was in the tent, once he cleared they switched back. sh))

I thought the way Yosh Nijman played before getting hurt was a bigger head-scratcher.. a much better pass pro and outside runs with him in there. Yet, we waited 2 months to switch why? Rhyan only played because Runyan was hurt and was in the tent, once he cleared they switched back. sh))
Brian Bulaga was on Twitter during the game making strong comments about how much better the Oline looked with those guys in there, why had it taken so long to get to them, and why oh why did Runyan ever go back in?

He had said something last week, or week before, when Walker got badly beat after the RB gave a huge chip to the DE, was taken out for Nijman, yet was back out there the next series and immediately committed a false start.

Aaron Rodgers through 8 games in 2022- 3-5- 1,820 yards- 225 ypg, 6.6 ypa- 13 TDs, 4 INTs- most passing yards in a game: 255- 95.8 rating

Jordan Love through 8 games- 3-5- 1,891 yards- 215 ypg, 6.6 ypa- 14 TDs, 8 INTs- most passing yards in a game: 259- 81.9 rating
That says something about Love as Arod had a stacked receiver room, solid OL to play with.

Aaron Rodgers through 8 games in 2022- 3-5- 1,820 yards- 225 ypg, 6.6 ypa- 13 TDs, 4 INTs- most passing yards in a game: 255- 95.8 rating

Jordan Love through 8 games- 3-5- 1,891 yards- 215 ypg, 6.6 ypa- 14 TDs, 8 INTs- most passing yards in a game: 259- 81.9 rating
Same soft roster, same level of mid QB play. It’s exactly why they moved on from Rodgers and why Rodgers wanted to retire. Team figured they could get the same level of production from Love, with the chance he actually improves over time. Rodgers was past the point of being able to elevate the team around him and needed more help than GB could give him going forward.

Same soft roster, same level of mid QB play. It’s exactly why they moved on from Rodgers and why Rodgers wanted to retire. Team figured they could get the same level of production from Love, with the chance he actually improves over time. Rodgers was past the point of being able to elevate the team around him and needed more help than GB could give him going forward.
and i'm sure his numbers had nothing at all to do with the fact that he was playing with a broken thumb.

and i'm sure his numbers had nothing at all to do with the fact that he was playing with a broken thumb.
They weren’t much different. The uptick for Rodgers came when Watson turned it on.

Back