Post Game Eagles Defeat Green Bay

Sort of a typical week 1 slopfest. Penalties in the double digits is ridiculous.

My keys to the season:
- kicking game. Still not good. That missed field goal was pretty important.
- run defense. Still not good. Made some stops at times but too many easy long runs for Barkley. The defense overall was still not that solid. Lots of swarming, not enough tackling. A work in progress for sure.
- Love's lack of experience. Love was okay, but needed to be better and more on target to beat a very good Eagles team. Too many off-target throws and a handful of really questionable decisions on a handful of throws. Obvious he's still a work in progress but when he's good he's really good.

A new thing on the radar was the miserable red-zone offense. Hopefully it gets better as the season moves along.

Good: Wilson, when put in the kid was running really good tonight.

Bad: WR's lot of passes that should have been caught tonight. Some might have been field but some were just flat out being dropped.

Ugly: Tackling. There is zero excuse to have such a poor showing on tackling. How many times did we see 1 or even 2 guys miss on a tackle along for a big gain? Or that the Eagles player just ran over and carried the GB defender for a extra 2 or 3 yards?

And, more importantly, none of our guys did anything.

Yeah, none of our guys did anything.

Several years ago, a visiting team in a pre-season practice laid out Steamburger or whoever was supposed to be our next great tight end. Wrecked his career. No Packer DID ANYTHING.

Quite honestly, we are worthless and weak and couldn't do 10.

Injuries happen, but a BS move Cheap Shot, Frig your union stand up for your guy. We don't do that.

I'll guarantee you if it was the other way, an Eagle would have tried. Our guys nothing. Piss me off like you can't believe.

At least I have rugby tomorrow

Watched the game again for the second time. Execution failure on the offensive line. It took close to 3 quarters to figure out what they were missing in their blocking assignments. WRs need to catch the ball, not let it slip through their fingers. They were blowing their routes at times, and Love wasn't nearly as accurate as I would have expected. He was lucky he didn't have 3 picks against him.

Dumb penalties are drive killers. We had a few decent plays called back because of penalties. Ten called against the Packers, and seven against the Eagles. I don't think they were unfair. I think both teams were making a lot of mistakes.

Alexander got frustrated. Set his INT aside. He was schooled by every Eagles player he had to handle 1 on 1. He just didn't seem right all night, and his frustration with his constant mouthing at Brown didn't help his play. I think it broke his concentration.

I saw enough missed tackles out there to say they need to do some serious work in getting it under control.

I'm not upset about the kicking game. So he missed one. I thought he handled first game jitters fairly well. I'm not concerned going forward.

The Love injury. I don't know. It might be serious. A high ankle strain could put the season in jeopardy. I'm waiting on the MRI, because at this point, nobody knows what's going to happen. I do know one thing. Willis is not ready to step in and play as the back up. They need to face that fact.

Loved Wilson out there. He has some chops. Jacobs was a solid contributor, even though two of his better plays were called back by injuries, and he was getting hit behind the line for nearly 3 quarters. Love was rusty. The wide receivers need to catch the ball. In their defense, a couple of the drops were due to throws which exposed them to vicious hits, if they did hang onto it. Sometimes discretion is the better part of battle, and protecting yourself is priority one.

My overall view of the game? The Packers may well be a better team than the Eagles, but they need to get some field time under their belt. They just weren't ready for the start of the season. Three total offensive plays in preseason is not enough to give anyone confidence in what they can and cannot do.

But, this is just my opinion. At this point, my biggest concern is how bad Love is hurt.

Tough to draw a ton of positives from this game other than Reed.

Way too many mental mistakes across the board.

Very shaky OL play and LB play most of the night.

Then Love gets hurt. Of course he did.

In the end, yes it’s one game, but if Love is out for more than a few games this season is in jeopardy before it really even started. Not what you want at all.

The only thing really concerning me is that he supposedly walked out of the stadium without too much of a limp, which i would not expect for an ankle issue but would expect for ACL/MCL.
did MCL on both my knees...one yes the other was the opposite. There is no tell-all on how you walk on them RP, I've been there. It's virtually impossible to know anything from video etc. MCL is the tell-all...they better have had his butt on a plane ASAP and iced up the whole way.

Back