Post Game Colts Defeat Packers in OT

Other big issue I have with this team is they seem to never make second half adjustments but will see other teams adjust to the Packers and cause them fits in the second half. We saw this again on Sunday the Packers were outscored 20-3 in the second half/OT.

when you are up 28-14, there is probably a tendency to believe that no adjustments are needed. i've seen evidence of adjustments at the half in other games this year. this isn't mike mccarthy's team any more.

You don’t have to score every time but please sustain as drive. The defense was gassed in the 2nd half and it showed. You can’t run 6 plays in a quarter

At 1 point, it was only 6 plays in the half. That was deep into the 2nd half. The running game needs to get going

breaking this game down by quarter actually makes some sense in this case. first of all, we knew this was going to be a challenging game. these are two fairly evenly matched teams.

quarter one could not have been more evenly matched if you had scripted it. both teams had a turnover on their opening drive. on their second drives, both teams scored a td. on their third drives, both teams punted after just a few plays. and on their fourth drives, both teams turned the ball over after just a few plays - green bay by interception and the colts by a missed field goal.

the second quarter decisively belonged to the packers, who scored a td on all three of their drives. the colts had an interception and a td on their two drives.

the third quarter is what did the packers in, even though they were still ahead at the end of the quarter. as packinatl pointed out, the defense was out of gas by the end of the quarter because the offense held the ball for just over three and a half minutes and suffered two three-and-outs.

in the fourth quarter, the packers blew their opportunity to salvage the game when they decided to go for it on 4th and a long 1. they could have tried for a field goal. they were within crosby's range - albeit just barely. the fact that they tried to make the first down on a passing play was foolhardy. the packers were able to tie the game with a subsequent field goal, but if they had kicked the field goal on the previous 4th down, they might have actually won in regulation time instead of going to overtime.

in the end, the packers lost to a very good colts team. this loss does not bother me nearly as much as the win against the jaguars.

We are seeing the real Packers team a team that has a horrible defense and can't beat teams that are good. This team has not beat any team that they have faced that has had a winning record when they played them. Closest they have come is beating a 1-1 Saints team. The Packers have been lucky they have face a bunch of losing teams because I have zero faith that this team can show up and not get anything but a fluke win vs a winning team. This is likely a .500 talent team. It will probably finish 10-6 or 11-5. They will make the playoffs and probably win the division based on the record of the other teams but I don't expect them to win a game in the playoffs right now.

Other big issue I have with this team is they seem to never make second half adjustments but will see other teams adjust to the Packers and cause them fits in the second half. We saw this again on Sunday the Packers were outscored 20-3 in the second half/OT.
In most sports matchups matter. And in the NFL with parity at an all time high most games usually , yes there are exceptions but most games come down to a play or 2.

Honestly I don’t pay much attention to records in this league anymore. You have probably 2 teams that are playing at a “Tier 1” level, KC and Pittsburgh. The next 15-20 you can flip a coin each week to figure out what you get. About the only bottom feeders you have at Jets, Jacksoville, SF and maybe Washington.

And then factor in the Covid effect with rosters, no home field and injuries some weeks will be ugly.

You don’t have to score every time but please sustain as drive. The defense was gassed in the 2nd half and it showed. You can’t run 6 plays in a quarter

My point exactly. And, I agree with you on the run. Earlier this year it was working, and a run game gets the offensive line going.

As far as our opponent having 13 minute drives? We had 2 3 and outs in the 3d. Didn't do anything in the 2d half until desperation time.

This was probably more on the offense strategy than the offense, but our defense did enough (again, I'm not saying they are great or even good).

Our unstoppable offense scored 3 points in the 2d half. They had 3 chances at the end to win the game and failed. The entire second half - nada.

Defense = What we thought they were
Offense = Way way way way below what we thought they were- FAILURE

Not disagreeing but you will have 3 and outs at times. Good teams with good defenses will help the offense out at those times. We still scored 31 pts against the #1 D in the league. That is defensive issue. Along with the TOs of course.

The Packers' tackling was even worse than usual Sunday. They allowed 72 of 140 rushing yards (51.4 percent) after first contact. Their season percentage coming into the game was 41.2 percent, per ESPN Stats & Info

If you miss a tackle that's a paddling. Looking at the paddle you bet that's a paddling.

Last time Packers had a 100 yard rusher? Week 2 of the season. Need to get the running game going early and often.

Both Jones and Williams played 50% of the snaps each. Sorry you have to have Jones in the lineup more then 50% of the snaps.

Last time Packers had a 100 yard rusher? Week 2 of the season. Need to get the running game going early and often.

Both Jones and Williams played 50% of the snaps each. Sorry you have to have Jones in the lineup more then 50% of the snaps.
Just as important to look at YDS per carry and number of touches. Not sure why he only got 10 carries yesterday but take away the Tampa game he’s been about 15-18 per game. I need to take a deeper look at the numbers

Back