Post Game Colts Defeat Packers in OT

As bad as our defense was, the offense had 3 chances to win the game and did not.

If our unstoppable offense scores 6 points in the second half we win.

The defense isn't good, but if the offense were 80% of what it's talked up to be, the defense would be good enough

Last edited:
Just an observation, but it seems that Philip Rivers (as a Charger) and the Colts (during the Rodgers era) have had the Packers number.

I guess that’s why I didn’t have much confidence going into this game.

Just an observation, but it seems that Philip Rivers (as a Charger) and the Colts (during the Rodgers era) have had the Packers number.

Every Vet QB plays well against this defensive scheme. MP isn't bringing anything earth-shattering to the table which isn't always a bad thing but when your defense is just meh talent-wise it's not going to work well.

There’s no magic to it, Rivers gets to the line and counts Pettine’s personnel. If GB is DB heavy he hands off. Run them into different personnel and then take advantage. Our DBs can’t play all that tight, there’s always an opening.

There’s no magic to it, Rivers gets to the line and counts Pettine’s personnel. If GB is DB heavy he hands off. Run them into different personnel and then take advantage. Our DBs can’t play all that tight, there’s always an opening.

What kind of surprised me, was seeing Jaire lining up on the running back Hines when he was split out wide. Maybe someone with a more trained eye could explain that one hut I think Hines even caught the game sealer with Jaire on him.

As bad as our defense was, the offense had 3 chances to win the game and did not.

If our unstoppable offense scores 6 points in the second half we win.

The defense isn't good, but if the offense were 80% of what it's talked up to be, the defense would be good enough

Sorry Keg. I disagree.

The defense allowed 13 minutes of drives in the 3rd quarter. Then the STs fumble. The offense had the ball only twice until 9 min left in the game. Yes they had two 3 and outs but you cannot expect the offense to score everytime. The D has to step up some times. This a loss due to TOs, STs, and horrible defense in the 2nd half.

Getting back to the offense for a second, some numbers that are concerning

• Including Houston game 68 passing 1st downs to 28 rush 1st downs
  • Aaron Jones last 3 games avg 13 carries 47 yards

I dont care how good how good 12 we are getting behind the chains and it gets difficult to sustain drives. Either Adams or an MVS chunk play bails us out. One key to this offense is play action off the run and last few weeks its non existent. This team needs to run the ball more efficiently

Sorry Keg. I disagree.

The defense allowed 13 minutes of drives in the 3rd quarter. Then the STs fumble. The offense had the ball only twice until 9 min left in the game. Yes they had two 3 and outs but you cannot expect the offense to score everytime. The D has to step up some times. This a loss due to TOs, STs, and horrible defense in the 2nd half.
You don’t have to score every time but please sustain as drive. The defense was gassed in the 2nd half and it showed. You can’t run 6 plays in a quarter

Our running game against the Colts. Here's the yardage, play by play, for Aaron Jones over the course of the game. 7, 2, 1, 15, 4, 4, 2, 3, 6, 1, 0. When I was coaching I'd remove the best running plays from the metric in evaluating how our running game was actually working. I'd try to focus on removing the top 3 runs. That's 28 yards here. Our "breakaway gains" by Jones averaged 9.3 yards. The rest averaged 1.8 YPC. Williams averaged 2.4 YPC and his best was 4 yards. We simply are not running the ball well, and haven't now for three weeks.

Does that mean we don't run enough? Can't run more if you can't move the chains, and when 4 yard gains are your max range per play, chances are you'd better start throwing the ball. That brings up the next issue. Receivers, or should I call it a lack of receivers.

We are seeing the real Packers team a team that has a horrible defense and can't beat teams that are good. This team has not beat any team that they have faced that has had a winning record when they played them. Closest they have come is beating a 1-1 Saints team. The Packers have been lucky they have face a bunch of losing teams because I have zero faith that this team can show up and not get anything but a fluke win vs a winning team. This is likely a .500 talent team. It will probably finish 10-6 or 11-5. They will make the playoffs and probably win the division based on the record of the other teams but I don't expect them to win a game in the playoffs right now.

Other big issue I have with this team is they seem to never make second half adjustments but will see other teams adjust to the Packers and cause them fits in the second half. We saw this again on Sunday the Packers were outscored 20-3 in the second half/OT.

Back