Packers vs Cardinals - Gut reaction

ML was about to cry when asked about him...so he's done I think
Agree and how he went down clutching the knee and shown walking into tunnel not being able to put much weight on it. He's done for the season.

Nice having experience on the staff, that can step in and get it done!

"While Barry formulated the defensive game plan and coached remotely over Zoom this week, Gray will serve as the play-caller with inside linebackers coach Kirk Olivadotti relaying those calls to De'Vondre Campbell on the field. Gray and Olivadotti previously coached together in Washington from 2006-09."

"I want it to be a smooth transition situation," Gray said. "The good thing is Kirk and I have worked together in Washington, we understand each other. He understands the front and I understand the back end. So, if I say one thing, he knows, 'OK, Jerry let's go ahead and put this together.'

I thought this was the first game all year where Stokes was poor start to finish. Arguably he made the play of the game by getting beat by Hopkins so badly that Hopkins aggravated his hamstring but other than that, it was just bad. There was an early 4th and 6 or so and he lined up 8 yards off the receiver - ok, but then instead of holding the line against what was sure to be a quick pass, he keep backpedaling, giving up a soft easy completion. I don’t get it. At a certain point they have to teach him to challenge these routes.

As for Rodgers, take a cue from the man and live in the moment this year, because it’s all we’ve got left with him in GB. His cap number next year if he’s cut or traded is $20 million - that’s the lowest it gets, it cannot get lower. If they keep him as is, it’s almost $50million - impossible to keep. They try to rework something for a few years, it’s in the $40m range against the cap. They can’t do it, unless he agrees to play for peanuts cause he likes us all so much.

Impressive ugly win. Good job by ML and coaching staff.

Too many injuries for this point in the season. Hope they're not peaking too soon.

Road win vs a very good football team. That said

Offense
Ran the ball and controlled the game is the positive. On the flip side execution in the red zone was awful. Dillon and / or Jones need to touch the ball in that sequence at least once. Fact is they are 6-0 without 17 and that speaks to balance and running the offense thru 33

Defense
The push up the middle took Murray off his spot and without Hopkins he was also limited. A bit surprised Ertz was not more involved early. DB’s played well but if Green turns around does that narrative change. We were fortunate the deep ball sailed long

7-1 hard to bitch but the depth gets thinner and it’s not even halfway in. Enjoy the ride

I thought this was the first game all year where Stokes was poor start to finish. Arguably he made the play of the game by getting beat by Hopkins so badly that Hopkins aggravated his hamstring but other than that, it was just bad. There was an early 4th and 6 or so and he lined up 8 yards off the receiver - ok, but then instead of holding the line against what was sure to be a quick pass, he keep backpedaling, giving up a soft easy completion. I don’t get it. At a certain point they have to teach him to challenge these routes.

As for Rodgers, take a cue from the man and live in the moment this year, because it’s all we’ve got left with him in GB. His cap number next year if he’s cut or traded is $20 million - that’s the lowest it gets, it cannot get lower. If they keep him as is, it’s almost $50million - impossible to keep. They try to rework something for a few years, it’s in the $40m range against the cap. They can’t do it, unless he agrees to play for peanuts cause he likes us all so much.
Bingo on Stokes. It was 4th and 4 and he was 7 to 8 yards off and in a backpedal. Easy pitch and catch on the short throw. Drives me nuts.

Back