Packers' GM Brian Gutekunst Has Been Remarkabky Average

Could not possibly disagree more on that call. It's often been described as the worst call in SB history. I'm not going to get in a big argument about it. And NE did NOT stuff Lynch in that SB. If he'd have scored again, he would have been MVP. What game were you watching?? sh))

I live in Seahawks territory. Every fan out here feels the same way. That call eventually led to a big divide on that team and Bevell's departure. That's from a Pacific NW perspective. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

i would have been fine with either lve or derwin. just as i would have preferred that in 2017 tt stuck with our pick and drafted tj watt instead of trading down.

my 20/20 hindsight 2017 redraft:

1. tj watt, lb
2. juju smith-schuster, wr
3. eddie jackson, saf
4. george kittle, te
5a. davon godchaux, dt
5b. aaron jones, rb
6. adrian colbert, saf
7. treyvon hester, dt

the first four were guys that i actually wanted to pick during the draft. the last four are pure cherry-picking with 20/20 hindsight.

Still mad about not getting Watt

Graham has had no impact on this team, even he admits it....have you seem James play? Clearly a playmaker and fit a need
Given our terrible coaching - would James have had the same impact here, as he has made? I think we can ask that about a whole lot of players. I agree that Derwin James > Alexander, but not Alexander + 2019 1st rd pick.

Given our terrible coaching - would James have had the same impact here, as he has made? I think we can ask that about a whole lot of players. I agree that Derwin James > Alexander, but not Alexander + 2019 1st rd pick.

Depends how you use the pick, if it gets you an impact player yes I can see the rational. If not you just got another guy for depth. But James met a need, was a playmaker at FSU and even if you just play him at S its a major upgrade and long term solution at the position

Depends how you use the pick, if it gets you an impact player yes I can see the rational. If not you just got another guy for depth. But James met a need, was a playmaker at FSU and even if you just play him at S its a major upgrade and long term solution at the position
I agree that James met a big need (that we still have) at the safety position. We've seen historically that when your safeties are solid, it makes the rest of the team in front of them look that much better. If we swing and miss again at safety this year . . . . the defense will not improve substantially.

Yes he would have. He has the ability to cover sideline to sideline and his speed and athleticism cover up for a lot of mistakes in the secondary. Alexander was solid but James is explosive. The Saints pick is nice but not sure it's worth passing on an explosive player... GB has had a bad habit of doing that. TJ Watt comes to mind.

Yes he would have. He has the ability to cover sideline to sideline and his speed and athleticism cover up for a lot of mistakes in the secondary. Alexander was solid but James is explosive. The Saints pick is nice but not sure it's worth passing on an explosive player... GB has had a bad habit of doing that. TJ Watt comes to mind.

It's not a habit, it's custom and practice

Not enough semantic problems already? Now we've got to differentiate between custom/practice and habit? :)

There is NO guarantee that James would have been as good here, OR TJ Watt. All you guys are doing right now is saying "I told you so", trying to prove that you're smarter about player assessment than our FO and coaching staff. They gambled with Watt that he would remain for a couple of picks, and ended up missing that opportunity. Drafting is more than simply who to select, it's a strategy for working the board. If TJ Watt was their target, the strategy didn't work in that instance - since we don't know yet what we will get for the N.O. 1st round this year, we cannot yet determine whether passing on James was a whiff.

Back