Packers cut down day thread

Wow Packers had told Ahmed Thomas when cut stay in GB we plan to sign you to PS tomorrow. He does comes to Lambeau today to sign was turned away told they no longer wanted him on PS. He was lucky and was able to get a spot on Colts PS then.

that's a shady/jerk move, but i'm sure it happens more than we hear about.

Wow Packers had told Ahmed Thomas when cut stay in GB we plan to sign you to PS tomorrow. He does comes to Lambeau today to sign was turned away told they no longer wanted him on PS. He was lucky and was able to get a spot on Colts PS then.

That’s god awful management. Really makes you wonder what direction the team is headed in after hearing that.

This doesn't surprise me. It's a business. Players should recognize that now. This whole "Packer family" thing no longer exists. That's why I believe Rodgers decided to get the bucks up front to insure that when it came time to dump him, he'd already gotten as much as he could from the vault. He certainly didn't trust them to honor a "gentlemen's agreement" down the road.

In addition to the significantly higher year-to-year roster turnover, the Packers currently have 10 players who have previously been on other NFL rosters.

This will be the most non-homegrown players on an opening day roster for many, many years.

This doesn't surprise me. It's a business. Players should recognize that now. This whole "Packer family" thing no longer exists. That's why I believe Rodgers decided to get the bucks up front to insure that when it came time to dump him, he'd already gotten as much as he could from the vault. He certainly didn't trust them to honor a "gentlemen's agreement" down the road.

To me, big difference between the two. I know lots of businesses where folks might not hear what they want to hear, but they wouldn't be lied to about something as simple as "show up tomorrow and we'll...". The business part is in cutting him, not in lying to him.

To me, big difference between the two. I know lots of businesses where folks might not hear what they want to hear, but they wouldn't be lied to about something as simple as "show up tomorrow and we'll...". The business part is in cutting him, not in lying to him.

Totally agreed...not only is it bush league, but it makes the Packers look extremely disorganized and/or not on the same page.

So we are getting this info from who? The media? Do we really know what went down here with Thomas? Did the Packers really say word for word what was supposedly said? We know the media is completely truthful with the stories they write and put out there. sc)) I think we are reading into something that does not really matter as much as we think. The Packers apparently changed their minds on Thomas. I seem to remember one said QB that changed his mind a couple of times. :)

So Alex Light, James Crawford and Raven Greene were all pretty big surprises to make the final 53. I had not paid attention to any of these guys, so I went back and re-watched the KC game.

Alex Light - I get it. I think the biggest thing is that he never seems to stop moving his feet so he was never really flailing or missing. Had one bad holding penalty where he got beat around the outside. Thing is - no pun intended - he looks light, needs to gain weight. Other than that I honestly didn't see a ton of difference between him and Spriggs. Generally just stayed in front of his man. Spriggs looks bigger but I think Light was actually moving better. Given Murphy's injury history this was probably a good move, just want to see him against better competition next year.

Raven Greene - did a real nice job tackling. Didn't see him bounce off or miss. Whitehead had a terrible game I thought. Greene seemed to be in the right places. Played a lot.

James Crawford - I don't know about this one. He didn't come in until late, and he was subbing in and out a lot. Didn't do anything on D. On the other hand, most of the ILBs (Martini, Thomas, Hughes) seemed to have awful games so I see why Gute went out and signed another vet ILB. Maybe being invisible was good by comparison. The story has been he was great on ST but I couldn't find him on the field sh)) I don't know, maybe they think he's Tracy White, same number (54) if I remember correctly.

Back