Packers cut down day thread

@[B]ByRyanWood[/B]
#Packers only keeping four OLBs on their 53: Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Reggie Gilbert, Kyler Fackrell. Mike McCarthy has hinted its ideal to have 6 or 7 at the position. They'll continue to scour the league for potential upgrades to their depth.

Hmmmm . . . 2 RBs and 0 FBs. Are they going to try to get through the first 2 weeks with just Williams and Monty or do they add another guy tomorrow. Probably no FBs this year with the extra TE.

Hmmmm . . . 2 RBs and 0 FBs. Are they going to try to get through the first 2 weeks with just Williams and Monty or do they add another guy tomorrow. Probably no FBs this year with the extra TE.
Almost guaranteed Cobb gets a few carries. thumbsdown))

They get another RB back from suspension after game 1. They will use a TE as a blocking back instead of a FB. That gives them more options in the run/pass option changes at the line of scrimmage. They will stash one or two LBs on the practice squad. Expect a possible spot for Biegel and/or Donnerson. Generally speaking, their decisions on who to keep are pretty solid. They only have a couple of true "project players" so that's good. They may make some changes at WR but I think they intend to employ their TEs more than they have in the past because they have a better group 1 to 3.

They get another RB back from suspension after game 1. They will use a TE as a blocking back instead of a FB. That gives them more options in the run/pass option changes at the line of scrimmage. They will stash one or two LBs on the practice squad. Expect a possible spot for Biegel and/or Donnerson. Generally speaking, their decisions on who to keep are pretty solid. They only have a couple of true "project players" so that's good. They may make some changes at WR but I think they intend to employ their TEs more than they have in the past because they have a better group 1 to 3.
Jones is out 2 games TW

It’s truly bizarre to me to see 8 WR when only 3 of them can and likely will play. That’s so much dead weight to carry over an extra DL or OL. I assume 1-2 of them will go before it’s all said and done.

It’s truly bizarre to me to see 8 WR when only 3 of them can and likely will play. That’s so much dead weight to carry over an extra DL or OL. I assume 1-2 of them will go before it’s all said and done.
You could drop one of those 8 wr and keep bougnan for a few games I would think.

That 8xWR thing very likely could change. They might IR Kumerow and try to bring him back. They might go ahead for one week (maybe two) and see how things change if there is an injury or two. They'll get Jones back at RB by week three, so at that point someone will have to go - likely a WR or TE. The 0xFB may also change if the TE's don't work out in that role.

Wow Packers had told Ahmed Thomas when cut stay in GB we plan to sign you to PS tomorrow. He does comes to Lambeau today to sign was turned away told they no longer wanted him on PS. He was lucky and was able to get a spot on Colts PS then.

Back