Joe Kerridge
LeShun Daniels
Emanuel Byrd
Joey Mbu

Devante Mays (IR)
Kyle Murphy (IR)
Quinten Rollins (IR)

Last edited:
i'm a little surprised to see some of these. we are so thin on the ol, i thought sure pankey would make the cut. and i knda thought martini and donnerson might make it too.

Only 4 OLB ? Have to be looking to pick someone up ?

Only 4 OLB ? Have to be looking to pick someone up ?

Yes with cuts I expect Packers go beyond 53 and claim some guys at LB and maybe a RB and OL

Biegel or Donnerson will end up on practice squad. I don't think you can wash Biegel out because of his recovery time from injury. He just didn't show any of what he's capable of in camp. Like I said, one or the other will be there, if not grabbed as FAs.

It's a good stash place for an experienced player like Biegel if eligible.

The OL cuts don't surprise me. Ted did this several years ago. Why keep more than 8 if the guys you'd cut won't get picked up and you can just PS them. You don't have more than 8 active on game day so even if injuries hit during a game you have to finish the game with the 8 you've got. When injuries hit, bring up a guy from the PS. Now, it would be different if a couple of these guys were really talented and you might lose them, but I think pretty much any of these guys will clear waivers and make the PS.

I'm kinda thinking Gute is looking at LB the same way. Why keep guys on the 53 that will clear waivers and can be added to the PS. Might as well put one or two of them on the PS.

Making these moves might allow them to keep guys like St. Brown (or one of the other young WRs), Tonyan and Boyle - guys who probably would get picked up on waivers by other teams.

Back