Packers Among Teams Interested in Signing Watt

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
usatsi_13176644.jpg

A source said the Green Bay Packers are one of the dozen teams reportedly interested in signing former Houston Texans All-Pro J.J. Watt.

Continue reading...

Don't really like how he wrote this... of course, they are "interested" but that doesn't mean they will or can. IMHO deeper pockets will prevail and JJ would be smart to take a big offer because he won't get another. tc(

I think 31 teams will be interested in signing him. All matters what his price is and does he want to go to that team.

Don't really like how he wrote this... of course, they are "interested" but that doesn't mean they will or can. IMHO deeper pockets will prevail and JJ would be smart to take a big offer because he won't get another. tc(
I think he has 2-3 years left. I would go chase a ring look at teams like SF, KC, TB. Sign cheap get a chance at a ring.

Watt would be smart to get the most money he can.

With that out of the way, I don't know how he's wired and what motivates him. Maybe he feels he's got enough money and wants to do something more important to him which is win and have a chance at a title. That cuts down the teams he'll look at. The teams who figure to be in on him, if that's his motivation, would be a handful or so, maybe including the Packers. Don't know what he's thinking so can't speculate where he'll end up.

He knew the market before he asked for his release and also he and Condon knew who was interested. The vetting process began a couple of weeks ago....that’s the way the league works let’s not be naive

Back