Packers Among Teams Interested in Signing Watt

All the things he said he was looking for, like SB contender and organization stability etc, was little more than a smoke screen.

ego’s need to be stroked, I guess.
People make decisions daily where to work and live. We forget sometimes these guys, while getting paid millions also make decisions based on multiple factors

If that's true guessing Hopkins and Joesph sold him on AZ but still I think AZ is behind those teams in going to a SB.
Who knows what the determining factor was or what swayed him.

Who knows what the determining factor was or what swayed him.
Oh come on now.... it was $$. It's a business plain and simple. I don't think any the less of him. Packer/ WI fans have a hard time with it but just because he was raised in the Badger state hardly means he had any interest coming back there.

Sounds like weather and playing conditions played a role. Rejected the outdoor, cold weather teams and went for another dome.

Oh come on now.... it was $$. It's a business plain and simple. I don't think any the less of him. Packer/ WI fans have a hard time with it but just because he was raised in the Badger state hardly means he had any interest coming back there.
was money high on the list? no doubt but do not think it was the only factor especially if you believe the report. I had no illusions about him coming home to play and honestly glad he's not.

if it's true that indy offered him more, i'm surprised he didn't go there. they are a dome team and they have a better shot at the brass ring than arizona. and arizona is rather unpleasant in the summer.

edit: maybe it's the taxes

I don't blame JJ for opting for the Cards. A great place to buy a winter home, and he can get digs in Wisconsin for the summers. He can have the best of two worlds, connected by non-stop flights out of Milwaukee any time he wants to be there.

If I could still handle the travel, I'd still be on the Texas/Wisconsin switch in spring and fall. It's the good life.

As far as him not signing with the Packers, like people have said, it's still business, and he has to do what he thinks is right for himself and his family.

I'm told it's a dry heat though.

yeah, i've heard that one too. back in 2000, i was sent to scottsdale in the middle of the summer for a two week training course. apparently, my employer at the time had a deal with this really nice resort there to have this annual training course for free basically. they got free use of all the meeting space anyway. i'm sure they had some sort of deal on the rooms as well because everyone in the training had their own room.

anyway, it was effin hot anytime you stepped outside it was like walking into an oven. the pool was like bathwater, but we would all gather in the pool in the evening because it was still cooler than the air. whenever we had to drive anywhere, just touching the steering wheel could burn your hands. you had to bring a towel to wrap the wheel. i do not understand the appeal of living there at all.

yeah, i've heard that one too. back in 2000, i was sent to scottsdale in the middle of the summer for a two week training course. apparently, my employer at the time had a deal with this really nice resort there to have this annual training course for free basically. they got free use of all the meeting space anyway. i'm sure they had some sort of deal on the rooms as well because everyone in the training had their own room.

anyway, it was effin hot anytime you stepped outside it was like walking into an oven. the pool was like bathwater, but we would all gather in the pool in the evening because it was still cooler than the air. whenever we had to drive anywhere, just touching the steering wheel could burn your hands. you had to bring a towel to wrap the wheel. i do not understand the appeal of living there at all.
Went to the Fiesta Bowl a few years ago and had shorts and T Shirt on during the day and sweats at night. The desert got really cold. Personally not my ideal place to live but it beats 5 below and shoveling snow and scraping ice

Back