Packers Among Teams Interested in Signing Watt

So Ian Rappaport saying about half the NFL contacted Watt and has narrowed list down to 5-6 teams and could start visits next week to those teams.

So much for visits next week. Guess he got that all out of the way virtually over the weekend.

Thanks JJ for taking my advice - get all the money you can, while you can.

Packers probably put some numbers out there, but there is no way they could do a deal anywhere near what the Cardinals offered. Hell, even if they could have rolled the vast majority of it into next year it just would have left them with CAP problems in 2022 even with the CAP going up a large amount.

I suspect they'll clear more CAP room in the coming weeks, but that'll be for a couple of their own guys like Tonyan and JWilliams who aren't bank breakers and likely a lower level FA or two to patch a hole or two . . . then it's on to the draft!

So much for visits next week. Guess he got that all out of the way virtually over the weekend.

Thanks JJ for taking my advice - get all the money you can, while you can.

Packers probably put some numbers out there, but there is no way they could do a deal anywhere near what the Cardinals offered. Hell, even if they could have rolled the vast majority of it into next year it just would have left them with CAP problems in 2022 even with the CAP going up a large amount.

I suspect they'll clear more CAP room in the coming weeks, but that'll be for a couple of their own guys like Tonyan and JWilliams who aren't bank breakers and likely a lower level FA or two to patch a hole or two . . . then it's on to the draft!
Packers offered vet minimum, plus JJ keeps 100% of Watt-branded merch from the Pro Shop.

156528757_10157776175661825_6148642073901274580_n.jpg

All the things he said he was looking for, like SB contender and organization stability etc, was little more than a smoke screen.

ego’s need to be stroked, I guess.

Back