Packers 2024-25 Season Thread

This seems so obvious that you'd think training staffs would understand it. you need to reduce the work load during rehab on the good appendage, and up it on the one being rehabbed, so they can become more balanced in strength, then start working them together.

But, the constant push to get them back on the field doesn't take time to make that evaluation.

Every time I hear the comment that the player's health is more important than him being on the field, I have to laugh. The NFL is the only professional sport where they'll send a guy onto the field with injuries that should stop him from playing. I keep thinking about Don Beebe and his hand injuries, and he kept playing, knowing his fingers would be unable to totally function right the rest of his life. He should never have played that way.
Larry McCarren with his crooked fingers.

Saw that he has got muscle mass difference down to around 10% would like it down to 6%
Muscle mass is mass is one thing, retraining the muscles in your body to work with a different balance is another. Hopefully it’s easier than it seems and all is good by TC…

Wow 46 million in dead cap this year. Going to be nice in 2026 with no huge dead cap charges finally.

@IKE_Packers

Packers 2024 Dead Cap Charges 1. David Bakhtiari, $18.15 million2. Aaron Jones, $12.36 million3. Darnell Savage, $5.46 million4. Rasul Douglas, $5.10 million5. Yosh Nijman, $2.54 millionTotal Dead Money: $45.73 million

Wow 46 million in dead cap this year. Going to be nice in 2026 with no huge dead cap charges finally.

@IKE_Packers

Packers 2024 Dead Cap Charges 1. David Bakhtiari, $18.15 million2. Aaron Jones, $12.36 million3. Darnell Savage, $5.46 million4. Rasul Douglas, $5.10 million5. Yosh Nijman, $2.54 millionTotal Dead Money: $45.73 million
Wowzers. Some bad contracts there. Hopefully these drafts picks step up this year. And ya next year is gonna be nice!

i'm not so sure. love's contract is likely to eat up all of that and maybe more.
It probably will, but I hope they learned that the "Mike Sherman" method of handling the cap, that's biting them now, is not the way you work under the restrictions. You can't let yourself get that far into a hole.

No matter what anyone wants to say about Thompson, the guy wasn't going to put us in that hell. Hopefully, Gute has gotten that message. You don't need to go there to win. You can do it by being frugal. You just have to loosen the strings to a degree, which sometimes Thompson didn't do.

Thing is the winning teams are always going to be juggling the cap as they are paying their top players top money. The suck teams are going to be the teams with $100 million in cap space because they don't have any good QB or top players to be paying so they are the teams going out in FA and spending the big money every year trying to buy there way to be good.

we are fortunate in that most of our starters are still on rookie contracts, as are almost all of our depth players. we made some very good draft picks and udfa acquisitions (or so it seems) the past two or three years years. wait . . . did i just accidentally praise gute? i must have been high.

Thing is the winning teams are always going to be juggling the cap as they are paying their top players top money. The suck teams are going to be the teams with $100 million in cap space because they don't have any good QB or top players to be paying so they are the teams going out in FA and spending the big money every year trying to buy there way to be good.
I think that's true. The thing is, you don't go that far out on a limb. You make sure that you don't do a Bakh or Rodgers deal. Those are back breakers. I guess that's why I'm so concerned about the upcoming Love contract. What can they afford to risk, and for how many years?

I like the way this team has been built, and developed through drafts and free agency. It's been common sense, after realizing the cap hell they put themselves in. I think Gute realizes they can build without completely mortgaging the future by putting too many eggs in one basket. He's really proved to be a much better GM than I honestly thought he would be.

Back