Packers 2024-25 Season Thread

I see signing Lillard as making it more possible for the Packers to draft someone like Barton, who can essentially play any of the other 4 offensive line positions. An instant fix with one high pick, and a free agent, to secure the offensive line, then they can make their moves to shore up key spots on defense. But, that's just my opinion.

Don't know why this keeps coming up as a story. The NFL is renting the stadium so the soccer team has zero say in what can be wore. No matter what the Packers and Eagles will still have some green in their uniforms and helmets. Also they are not going to turn away fans who show up in jersey or other clothes wearing green. Stupid story that has zero reality in it.

Don't know why this keeps coming up as a story. The NFL is renting the stadium so the soccer team has zero say in what can be wore. No matter what the Packers and Eagles will still have some green in their uniforms and helmets. Also they are not going to turn away fans who show up in jersey or other clothes wearing green. Stupid story that has zero reality in it.

Yes the soccer team has a big say in this. It’s their stadium. The NfL may be somewhat popular but they aren’t so big down there they can do whatever they want.

That being said I’m pretty sure this type of issue was already talked about and agreed on well before the agreements were signed. This is more of a special event for them. This is just CBs writer being bored and trying to justify a paycheck.

Interesting that they chose a medium size stadium for this. Corinthians stadium isn’t huge, only like 47k capacity. While the largest stadiums in Brazil hold more like 70k.

Interesting that they chose a medium size stadium for this. Corinthians stadium isn’t huge, only like 47k capacity. While the largest stadiums in Brazil hold more like 70k.
First game in Brazil while they are picking two teams with a large fanbase still no idea if the fans will come out for "American" football. This will be a test run. If the stadium sells out and could have sold more tickets is when in the future you move to a bigger stadium.

Pre-draft picture: Foundation in place across Packers' defensive line​

The moment the article stated that Kenny Clark had what might have been his best year, and was in line for a large contract, I had to really start thinking about what they were saying. Kenny's a long time vet, and despite not being that old, has seen his level of efficiency go down hill for the last several years. I'd be very careful as to how much I'd pay him, and guarantee, because I'm afraid he might just end up somewhat like Bakhtiari from the constant pounding.

Don't get me wrong. I think he does a good job, and I like the way they're bringing in big bodies to help, but I think they need another guy who can push people back into the QB in the pocket. We need to give even more support to our secondary, so they can work magic with their man coverage. I don't like to see too much money in one basket that can be lost in the blink of an eye.

The moment the article stated that Kenny Clark had what might have been his best year, and was in line for a large contract, I had to really start thinking about what they were saying. Kenny's a long time vet, and despite not being that old, has seen his level of efficiency go down hill for the last several years. I'd be very careful as to how much I'd pay him, and guarantee, because I'm afraid he might just end up somewhat like Bakhtiari from the constant pounding.

Don't get me wrong. I think he does a good job, and I like the way they're bringing in big bodies to help, but I think they need another guy who can push people back into the QB in the pocket. We need to give even more support to our secondary, so they can work magic with their man coverage. I don't like to see too much money in one basket that can be lost in the blink of an eye.
Yep Clark is going into what year 10 now? Lot of wear on the body. I am hoping GB learned from it's mess just recent it's not wise to hand out 3rd contracts to guys hitting their 30s. We got a young team within the next couple years you are going to have to start paying guys or let them walk. Rather be giving out 2nd contracts to them.

but I think they need another guy who can push people back into the QB in the pocket.
isn't slaton that guy? the combination of clark and slaton on the interior of the 4-man line seems like it should work out well. and with wyatt and brooks backing them up, i think the depth is pretty decent on the inside. and honestly, the outside looks pretty decent with gary, smith and van ness. but because of enagbare likely to miss the entire season, they could use another edge.

frankly i'm much more concerned about the linebacker positions.

Yes the soccer team has a big say in this. It’s their stadium. The NfL may be somewhat popular but they aren’t so big down there they can do whatever they want.

That being said I’m pretty sure this type of issue was already talked about and agreed on well before the agreements were signed. This is more of a special event for them. This is just CBs writer being bored and trying to justify a paycheck.

Cheese, I didn't know I had writers? :)

Back