Packers 2024-25 Season Thread

And this is why you always pick a QB every year. Is ML being completely truthful and not just giving confidence to Clifford? Maybe, but he seemed to play better in preseason then I thought he would last year.

Not a bad signing. Dillard could be a decent backup OT. I still think they will draft a OT in one of the first 3 rounds though. Just frees up drafting a day 3 OL for depth on the OL.

Dillard was cut by the Titans in the off-season so he was not a true FA meaning he won't figure into any comp pick formula for GB next year.

The Dillard signing this late makes me wonder. Either the Packers are keying on positions other than OT with the first 2-3 picks or they are thinking a guy like Mims or Guyton are what they want and they are concerned about both of them having some limitations to be able to play as rookies. I mean why not wait until next Thur or Fri to sign Dillard after you know how the first 3 rounds have played out.

It might also mean that they are looking hard at positions other than o-line in the draft and don't want to commit too much draft capital there.

I might also mean absolutely nothing other than it took them this long to work out a deal.

The Dillard signing this late makes me wonder. Either the Packers are keying on positions other than OT with the first 2-3 picks or they are thinking a guy like Mims or Guyton are what they want and they are concerned about both of them having some limitations to be able to play as rookies. I mean why not wait until next Thur or Fri to sign Dillard after you know how the first 3 rounds have played out.

It might also mean that they are looking hard at positions other than o-line in the draft and don't want to commit too much draft capital there.

I might also mean absolutely nothing other than it took them this long to work out a deal.
Chiefs were after him as well... they made a move before he was gone. Insurance move.

All it means IMO is that they lost an experienced backup tackle in free agency and they needed another one. Money details aren’t out but assuming this is a low financial risk, there’s no guarantee he makes the roster if they grab a couple higher end guys in the draft. Every season the last few years they have played multiple guys at OT, and until someone grabs that job by the horns and keeps it, they will continue to need guys there.

Back