Packers 2022 Thread

When Love was asked about requesting a trade if Rodgers came back for another season. “We’ll see,” Love told ESPN’s Rob Demovsky regarding possibly asking for a trade. “I would obviously be in the fourth year of my contract, and it would be the team’s possibility of picking up my fifth year. It’s really on them to see what kind of moves they want to make, what they want to do with the future.”

He also said he would need to speak to his agent after the season.

When Love was asked about requesting a trade if Rodgers came back for another season. “We’ll see,” Love told ESPN’s Rob Demovsky regarding possibly asking for a trade. “I would obviously be in the fourth year of my contract, and it would be the team’s possibility of picking up my fifth year. It’s really on them to see what kind of moves they want to make, what they want to do with the future.”

He also said he would need to speak to his agent after the season.
So basically nothing of note until he chats with Mulugheta. And since Rodgers is also repped by Athletes First it’s a mute point for a few months

Love’s perfectly entitled to feel that way, and he’s probably not wrong. Bottom line is that the packers org can no longer have its cake and eat it too, it’s on them to work this out with all parties. Maybe that means extending Love now and confirming a plan for 2024 if they want Rodgers back in 2023 and if he wants to be back, or maybe it’s working out a trade with Aaron.

Would be smart IMO give him a short 1-2 year ext.
Years really are irrelevant and in this case risky. If he over performs you then have a UFA case where you probably be forced to overpay or tag him and back to cap issues. What is more reasonable is 3-5 years with a modest signing bonus and structure years 4-5 as option bonus years giving you flexibility. If Love over performs then rework the deal in year 3. Structure matters more than anything else and as I’ve said for awhile years are irrelevant, what’s more important is structure and flexibility

Years really are irrelevant and in this case risky. If he over performs you then have a UFA case where you probably be forced to overpay or tag him and back to cap issues. What is more reasonable is 3-5 years with a modest signing bonus and structure years 4-5 as option bonus years giving you flexibility. If Love over performs then rework the deal in year 3. Structure matters more than anything else and as I’ve said for awhile years are irrelevant, what’s more important is structure and flexibility
He signs years 3 or 5 GB holds all the cards can screw him over by dragging out talks if they want and use FT on him for 2 years. I would say ok you want 3-4 years they can void if he hits incentives in contract.

He signs years 3 or 5 GB holds all the cards can screw him over by dragging out talks if they want and use FT on him for 2 years. I would say ok you want 3-4 years they can void if he hits incentives in contract.
And he’s has no leverage to ask for void years. That’s why you use roster bonuses. Years are irrelevant. And the last thing you want to do is franchise a QB and put you in cap hell and neither does an agent, less commission. It’s about leverage and the team owns that.

And he’s has no leverage to ask for void years. That’s why you use roster bonuses. Years are irrelevant. And the last thing you want to do is franchise a QB and put you in cap hell and neither does an agent, less commission. It’s about leverage and the team owns that.
Then if I am Love if team wants me to sign 4-5 years that I know I outplay I am getting undervalued and that I can't do anything about and if I suck I get cut and don't see those roster bonuses. I rather take a gamble on myself hit FA sign with someone for 1-2 year deal and bet on myself to become QB I think I can be. If I do I cash in big. If not I am in same boat as I was with GB cut after couple years and facing life as a backup.

Back