Packers 2020 Schedule

The team overachived last year. Reminded me of the 2018 Bears everything went perfect for them in regular season they had little to no injuries and got every break in the games to seem to go their way. Hard to see that happen again for GB.

yes, this is a very common assessment, and i can't fault you for thinking the same way. i just happen to disagree. things did not go perfectly last year. we had a qb that was entrenched in the same offense for over a decade and had to suddenly learn a new one while only having one reliable receiver. and that one receiver missed four games to injury. our o-line was clearly a step down from past years.

i get that there is this belief that the packers were not really a 13-3 team. that we got really lucky a few times. and yeah, we did. but every team gets lucky wins sometimes. it's not just the packers.

i think that we will see a smoother offense this year now that they have played a full season in the new offense. the defense is my biggest concern, but we have some excellent players at every level with clark, the smith brothers, savage, and alexander. is it enough? i don't know. but i do not believe this is an 8-8 team.

yes, this is a very common assessment, and i can't fault you for thinking the same way. i just happen to disagree. things did not go perfectly last year. we had a qb that was entrenched in the same offense for over a decade and had to suddenly learn a new one while only having one reliable receiver. and that one receiver missed four games to injury. our o-line was clearly a step down from past years.

i get that there is this belief that the packers were not really a 13-3 team. that we got really lucky a few times. and yeah, we did. but every team gets lucky wins sometimes. it's not just the packers.

i think that we will see a smoother offense this year now that they have played a full season in the new offense. the defense is my biggest concern, but we have some excellent players at every level with clark, the smith brothers, savage, and alexander. is it enough? i don't know. but i do not believe this is an 8-8 team.

I get the logic.

My concern for the offense is they may be banking on the running game not only making the play-action pass work, but that they may be hoping to use it to control time of possession and the game tempo.

And if they can’t make that work, it could get ugly.

I get the logic.

My concern for the offense is they may be banking on the running game not only making the play-action pass work, but that they may be hoping to use it to control time of possession and the game tempo.

And if they can’t make that work, it could get ugly.
Just tell Rodgers his job is to throw 40-50 times a game and make all his WR's look pro bowl worthy. :)

Agreed. Aaron's first year in the system. That's a big deal. Remember Matt Ryan was MVP in year 2.

We won a lot of close games, but our schedule was also quite brutal. We lost to Philly on a DPI noncall which could have just as easily gone our way. And let's not forget the cheap shot that Removed Jamaal Williams on the first play.

The Detroit game in week 17 was close, only because the guys figured they'd "have their bags packed."

I also think Aaron will get with the program moreso this year due to the Jordon Love situation. There's a lot of things Aaron can do to up.his game.

Agreed. Aaron's first year in the system. That's a big deal. Remember Matt Ryan was MVP in year 2.

We won a lot of close games, but our schedule was also quite brutal. We lost to Philly on a DPI noncall which could have just as easily gone our way. And let's not forget the cheap shot that Removed Jamaal Williams on the first play.

The Detroit game in week 17 was close, only because the guys figured they'd "have their bags packed."

I also think Aaron will get with the program moreso this year due to the Jordon Love situation. There's a lot of things Aaron can do to up.his game.
The schedule is just as difficult this year if not more. #1 We did not have to face Maholmes last year and escaped in KC. #2 this team was relatively injury free last year with core / key group. #3. The defense was a sieve last year and were have #4 The Philadelphia game. They gashed us on the ground , sound familiar? And we we also got away with in offense PI that was not called so let’s not blame the zebras.

still no depth, no help for rush defense and a brutal 1st half of 2020..::: 10-6/9-7

The defense was a sieve last year and were have #4 The Philadelphia game. They gashed us on the ground , sound familiar? And we we also got away with in offense PI that was not called so let’s not blame the zebras.

still no depth, no help for rush defense and a brutal 1st half of 2020..::: 10-6/9-7

Attachments

• 1589126803616.jpeg
    1589126803616.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1
The schedule is just as difficult this year if not more.

based on strength of schedule, this year the packers have the 15th most difficult schedule in the league. pretty average. but there is that 4-game stretch right after the bye that is indeed brutal. if we go 1-3 during that stretch we will b okay.

based on strength of schedule, this year the packers have the 15th most difficult schedule in the league. pretty average. but there is that 4-game stretch right after the bye that is indeed brutal. if we go 1-3 during that stretch we will b okay.
First 4 is no cakewalk. If they split those I’m happy

I don't think anyone would be shocked to see a 2-6 or a 3-5 record after the first 8 games with how hard the schedule is and I don't think this team has the talent to then go on a 8-0 or 7-1 run to at least get to 10-6 for a shot at a playoff chance.

The tundra may not be frozen at Lambeau Field in October.

But it will be well-worn.

The Packers host the Falcons on Monday Night Football in Week Four, a game which will be played on Oct. 5.

That will be a quick turnaround, since the venerable stadium will host Wisconsin and Notre Dame on Saturday, Oct. 3, a game that’s schedule to kick off at 7:30 p.m.

The Packers asked the league to be on the road that week, as well as the week prior, when golf’s Ryder Cup will be played Sept. 25-27 at Whistling Straits, which is about an hour south of Green Bay.

The league complied with half of that request, as the Packers will travel to New Orleans to play the Saints on Sunday Night Football in Week Three.

It will represent a challenge for the grounds crew making sure the turf is safe and playable, but the fact it isn’t later in the season makes it more workable.

Back