Packer Cut Day

The Green Bay Packers signed the following players to the practice squad: DL Abdullah Anderson, QB Kurt Benkert, WR Chris Blair, G Ben Braden, G/T Jacob Capra, CB Kabion Ento (kay-be-on N-toe), S Innis Gaines, LB Tipa Galeai (tee-puh nah-lee-eye), TE Bronson Kaufusi (cow-FOO-see), K JJ Molson, DL Willington Previlon (PREV-ih-lahn), WR Equanimeous St. Brown (eck-wah-nihm-ee-ous), RB Patrick Taylor, T/G Cole Van Lanen, LB Ray Wilborn, WR Juwann Winfree (juh-wann).

Did Uphoff get claimed? If not wonder if he was mad that he did not make 53 so signed elsewhere

Interesting tidbit from Brian Gutekunst on Jake Hanson, 2020 sixth-rounder who missed last year's 53 and finished on PS-IR: "Had a little bit of an injury...he tried to work through last year and finally got something fixed. I thought you saw his talent kinda show out this year."

FP(

Weird that the practice squad is made up entirely of guys they had in camp, so far. I assume it will churn a bit as time goes by, but still, I'd have thought there would be some guys cut by other teams that would have gotten picked up. Either they are in love with their own or haven't spent time scouting/evaluating other team's players.

• Informative
Reactions: TW
Just a random thought on Uphoff.

I wonder, since he just became a member of the CLDS, is he required to do a 2 year mission now before he can return to play football?
Maybe the Packers wanted to add him to PS, but he’s temporarily stepping away as part of his new faith?
Found this online:
All Mormon men aged 19 to 26 are eligible to receive a mission call and concentrate two years of their life to what current LDS President Gordon Hinckley calls "this sacred service."

Just a random thought on Uphoff.

I wonder, since he just became a member of the CLDS, is he required to do a 2 year mission now before he can return to play football?
Maybe the Packers wanted to add him to PS, but he’s temporarily stepping away as part of his new faith?
Found this online:
All Mormon men aged 19 to 26 are eligible to receive a mission call and concentrate two years of their life to what current LDS President Gordon Hinckley calls "this sacred service."

I know Taysom Hill had a late start to his career because of going to BYU he had to do mission work for 2-3 years

Back