Packer Cut Day

Not really any huge surprises but some minor ones that I found a bit odd.

- they cut Braden and Van Lanen, but kept Hanson. Hanson is the worst of the 3. It would be one thing if he was really solid, but he messed up snaps regularly. Hell, Patrick and Runyan can do as well snapping the ball and they're versatile. Hanson can only play center. That's just an odd choice to me.

- a little surprised they kept Rivers at OLB, but he did flash against Buffalo and with ZSmith nicked up maybe they thought they needed the depth and didn't want to risk putting him on waivers to try to bring him back on the PS.

- trading for a punter was a solid move. I wanted to give Scott every chance for the first couple of years, but his maddening inconsistency made a move necessary

- guys they might try to bring back on the PS - Benkert, Winfree, Van Lanen, PTaylor, Uphoff, Wilborn. The rest will probably come from outside.

Not really any huge surprises but some minor ones that I found a bit odd.

- they cut Braden and Van Lanen, but kept Hanson. Hanson is the worst of the 3. It would be one thing if he was really solid, but he messed up snaps regularly. Hell, Patrick and Runyan can do as well snapping the ball and they're versatile. Hanson can only play center. That's just an odd choice to me.

- a little surprised they kept Rivers at OLB, but he did flash against Buffalo and with ZSmith nicked up maybe they thought they needed the depth and didn't want to risk putting him on waivers to try to bring him back on the PS.

- trading for a punter was a solid move. I wanted to give Scott every chance for the first couple of years, but his maddening inconsistency made a move necessary

- guys they might try to bring back on the PS - Benkert, Winfree, Van Lanen, PTaylor, Uphoff, Wilborn. The rest will probably come from outside.
Do agree Hanson makes no sense he was awful last pre-season game Braden would have been better to keep over him.

Back