Official Week 4 Green Bay vs Detroit Thread

Well...come on guys. It's kind of a 50/50 deal. Bahk got hurt legit the first time.... a big hurry by BOTH parties to return..the band is back win a SB and all that jazz.

Folks, this party was over after the second surgery when they were getting knees full of fluid. Bud will tell ya that is bad juju.

Bottom line here....GB gambled on that group getting a trophy and rolled snake eyes. Bahk is one of the last ones left and he hates it.

In almost any other franchise, it would have led to many guys getting fired.

Well...come on guys. It's kind of a 50/50 deal. Bahk got hurt legit the first time.... a big hurry by BOTH parties to return..the band is back win a SB and all that jazz.

Folks, this party was over after the second surgery when they were getting knees full of fluid. Bud will tell ya that is bad juju.

Bottom line here....GB gambled on that group getting a trophy and rolled snake eyes. Bahk is one of the last ones left and he hates it.

In almost any other franchise, it would have led to many guys getting fired.
Yeah I would not be shocked if Bak is milking the knee it hurts he figures you know what screw it 12 is gone everyone else is I will not play thru any pain because why should I I will get a check each week if I play or not.

I will say this will be a close game but Lions win in the end 27-24.

My understanding is:

• Bak was one of the best Left Tackles in the game.
  • He protected one of the best quarterbacks in the game.
  • He was an anchor on what was one of the best offensive lines in the game.
He got a contract because he was improving and looked like he'd be a great offensive tackle for 10 years.

Unfortunately, boom and his knee's blown up and has never recovered.

So it sucks, but I don't think the Pack made a mistake and I don't think Bak is milking it.

Lions win this one 24-17. I don't see us moving the ball as well against them, and I see our defense doing a decent job, but in the NFL, if you don't score a lot, you don't win a lot. The Packers are still learning how to win, as a team. They are young, and if they do win, it's because of the juice they have left in them from last Sunday's come from behind win. Sometimes, that's a difference maker.

If Bakh and Jenkins were playing, I'd give the Packers a solid chance of winning a close game. With them out, I think the offense struggles to both pass the ball and run the ball. I see a 24-20 loss.

As for Bakh and his knee, I don't think anyone is to blame. He signed his contract when he was 29 years old and had never had a serious injury. Plus, he was on top of his game and maybe the best pass blocking LT in the game. It made sense to the team to keep their best lineman under contract to protect their HOF QB.

He tears up his knee 6 weeks after he signs and it all goes downhill from there. I'd say he's milking it if he was playing like crap, but when he's out there he still looks really good. I'm sure both he and the team see that and hope it will work out. I truly believe Bakh still thinks he can play so isn't interested in hanging it up. The decision will be made for him after the season is over.

@RobDemovsky
·
4m

Packers are placing LT David Bakhtiari on injured reserve. He was already ruled out for tonight vs. Detroit but now he’ll miss at least 4 games. Who knows when — or if — we’ll see him again. They signed LB Kristian Welch and elevated CB Corey Ballentine and CB Kiondre Thomas.

Probably for the best with Bakh. It's all over for him, at least in GB. He can ride off into the sunset with a healthy paycheck. I doubt very much if they'll even try rehab to get him ready for next year. He was a good one, when he was healthy.

Back