Official Week 2 Green Bay vs Indianapolis Colts Thread

Sorry not 100% on board with Bob here, they draft people that don't 100% fit their scheme and then try to plug them there, square peg round hole type of thing. I know all those UGA guys they drafted..they have been misused more than anything AND they were used to being platooned rather than being 60 snap guys....this is a known yet GB failed to understand it.

The whole fire/passion thing is a bit over the top, showing his lack of coaching and inside development background. I like Bob but having read him for over a couple of decades RP, but ya gotta learn to take him with a grain of salt, particularly in this kind of context.
Agree with the square peg round hole drafting.

Understand Georgia guys were platooned but cannot conceive how a pro athlete can't get in shape, so don't accept that as an excuse.

While rugby is different than football, tackling is tackling. A ton of tackling is desire and attitude and not letting your teammates down. I see huge lack of desire, attitude, and care for teammates in this Pack defense.

Agree with the square peg round hole drafting.

Understand Georgia guys were platooned but cannot conceive how a pro athlete can't get in shape, so don't accept that as an excuse.

While rugby is different than football, tackling is tackling. A ton of tackling is desire and attitude and not letting your teammates down. I see huge lack of desire, attitude, and care for teammates in this Pack defense.
Not an excuse per se but it is about depth and how the hell does your scouting not know this before you make the dude play 65 snaps and wonder why he runs out of gas around 40 :unsure:wacky(

Not an excuse per se but it is about depth and how the hell does your scouting not know this before you make the dude play 65 snaps and wonder why he runs out of gas around 40 :unsure:wacky(
I agree with you.

But, again, these guys are not my age. They supposedly have the highest quality trainers, strength and conditioning, and nutrition people. I get what you're saying when they arrive, but I don't get that we can't get them in shape within a year to play a full game.

And, if we can't, we sure as hell better find people to give them a breather. So I agree with you on depth, but I still can't wrap my head around how we can't get them in shape.

** By the way, I love your Xs and Os and knowledge. I'll never match you. I just have a different opinion. I was the guy that always shouldn't be making it, but made it and thrived because the size of the fight in my dog beat the size of the dog that everybody thought would get the spot. I have a huge belief in attitude and desire in sports.

Some reports this morning that Love hasn't been cleared by team Drs yet, so Willis will start tomorrow. Can the O score 17-20 pts with Willis? Can the D hold Indy to 17 or fewer? Would love to see a focused team tomorrow, with bounce backs on the OL and DL.

Some reports this morning that Love hasn't been cleared by team Drs yet, so Willis will start tomorrow. Can the O score 17-20 pts with Willis? Can the D hold Indy to 17 or fewer? Would love to see a focused team tomorrow, with bounce backs on the OL and DL.
The potential is there to win. But the def and ST will have to step up like CHI did for Williams last week.

Back