Official Week 2 Green Bay vs Indianapolis Colts Thread

Clifford never really played last year so judge him. I thought when we drafted him he was a reach. Every site had him as a UDFA. GB just had him as the backup last year due to cap issues. He should have been a guy on the PS last year also developing.
I thought he was better than decent at Penn State and thought he would develop much better than he has. Thought he would be a great backup and become trade bait

Clifford never really played last year so judge him. I thought when we drafted him he was a reach. Every site had him as a UDFA. GB just had him as the backup last year due to cap issues. He should have been a guy on the PS last year also developing.
No, but his play in preseason last year, against similar level of defensive personnel - he at least showed a bit of competence that we didn't see this pre-season.

We just disagree. You're always welcome at my campfire until you reach for one of the last 12 High Lives
Amen on your choice of brews. That and Leinie's red, my two go-to choices of brew.

Packers defense. Quit eating veggies. Eat Steak and brats. Grow a pair.
Bob McGinn said the other day on Tyler Dunn’s podcast that GBs problem on D is - and has been - that they draft premium athletes who are either quiet/enigmatic, or just dim bulbs, and that defensive leadership is about both fire/passion and intelligence. I think he’s right about this one.

Bob McGinn said the other day on Tyler Dunn’s podcast that GBs problem on D is - and has been - that they draft premium athletes who are either quiet/enigmatic, or just dim bulbs, and that defensive leadership is about both fire/passion and intelligence. I think he’s right about this one.
Sorry not 100% on board with Bob here, they draft people that don't 100% fit their scheme and then try to plug them there, square peg round hole type of thing. I know all those UGA guys they drafted..they have been misused more than anything AND they were used to being platooned rather than being 60 snap guys....this is a known yet GB failed to understand it.

The whole fire/passion thing is a bit over the top, showing his lack of coaching and inside development background. I like Bob but having read him for over a couple of decades RP, but ya gotta learn to take him with a grain of salt, particularly in this kind of context.

Back