Official Preseason Game 3 Green Bay vs Kansas City Thread

They’re playing him a ton but I thought because the 3-4 guys ahead of him haven’t played in preseason at all. Clark, Lowry, Reed haven’t played and I don’t think TJ Slayton has gotten a lot of reps. It’s been mostly Heflin, Wyatt, Ford and Chris Slayton out there.

He’s certainly been invisible and gassed but I don’t think the regular season plan is to play him all that much.
Agree Wyatt also sat out 1st pre-season game so the last 2 pre-season games could be just to have get him as many snaps as possible to try to get him action to get him ready

Agree Wyatt also sat out 1st pre-season game so the last 2 pre-season games could be just to have get him as many snaps as possible to try to get him action to get him ready
It does make you think, though, that they spent a first round pick on a guy already near his mid-20's (not like Kenny Clark who came into the league at 20 years old), and at best he was going to be your 3rd or 4th DL? And with him not really showing up yet, one wonders how much room there is for growth there. We shall see!

It does make you think, though, that they spent a first round pick on a guy already near his mid-20's (not like Kenny Clark who came into the league at 20 years old), and at best he was going to be your 3rd or 4th DL? And with him not really showing up yet, one wonders how much room there is for growth there. We shall see!
Just playing devils advocate here.
I’ll suggest that GB views Wyatt as they viewed Rashon Gary when they drafted him.
They don’t have high expectations of Wyatt for this year since they added Reed, still have Lowry, and expected a 2nd year jump from TJ Slaton.
This will be a mostly red shirt year for Wyatt with tempered production expectations with looking towards 2023 as a season where his play starts to jump off the tv screen.
That approach has worked with Gary. Let’s hope it works with Wyatt.

DL need a year to get up to speed. I Remember Clark working on technique with his hands. Grew a lot his first 2-3 years.

Just playing devils advocate here.
I’ll suggest that GB views Wyatt as they viewed Rashon Gary when they drafted him.
They don’t have high expectations of Wyatt for this year since they added Reed, still have Lowry, and expected a 2nd year jump from TJ Slaton.
This will be a mostly red shirt year for Wyatt with tempered production expectations with looking towards 2023 as a season where his play starts to jump off the tv screen.
That approach has worked with Gary. Let’s hope it works with Wyatt.
The difference with both Clark and Gary is that they were both young but gifted athletes who had a lot of maturing to do in their bodies and their game. Wyatt I believe is already older than Gary is. The question is, how much room is there for him to mature, and how quickly can he do it?

Back