Official Preseason Game 3 Green Bay vs Kansas City Thread

You know what I like about this play? He recognized it right away, he had a good fundamentals tackling, and looked very smooth doing it.

If this guy gets the mental part of the game down, we may have actually found a LB.
Sick of the middle of the field being left open. Sick of having "just guys" at this position.

Love has also been playing with below average WR's all pre-season these rookies have flashed but also looked really bad with lots of drops and bad route running.

I understand what you are saying; however, the accuracy concerns and inconsistencies are not necessarily just INT's and bad routes. I am talking about being decisive, accuracy to open WR's, and making the right decisions. He does those things really well at times but then is horrible at them on another drive. Sorry but he needs to be better against 2nd and 3rd team guys. JMHO.

I understand what you are saying; however, the accuracy concerns and inconsistencies are not necessarily just INT's and bad routes. I am talking about being decisive, accuracy to open WR's, and making the right decisions. He does those things really well at times but then is horrible at them on another drive. Sorry but he needs to be better against 2nd and 3rd team guys. JMHO.
No but it’s reps. This is not to comp Love and Josh Allen but Allen’s first 2 years he was under 60% comp rate , horrible decision making and inconsistent.

He was being more decisive, not always the best decision but that’s night and day over 2021. It’s progress and it showed. He sees the field so much better. Let’s comp him what he was at Utah State. A spread QB who had a major learning curve. Is he 12? No. Can he win at this level? Yes. Now the question is how much and that’s probably not going to be knows till 2023-2024

Yep.
But it takes time.
At about this same stage in his career, Rodgers was (something like) 6-15/~50yds/1 INT/3 sacks.
And if I remember correctly, Rodgers first season as the starter he had 28 TD’s/13 INT’s/~40 sacks

I’ll say this much about Love’s future in GB.
It all hinges on #12.
Packers will not pick up the 5th year option if they have any kind of inkling that 12 will be back in 2023.

FWIW
JMHO

Yep.
But it takes time.
At about this same stage in his career, Rodgers was (something like) 6-15/~50yds/1 INT/3 sacks.
And if I remember correctly, Rodgers first season as the starter he had 28 TD’s/13 INT’s/~40 sacks

It all hinges on #12.
Packers will not pick up the 5th year option if they have any kind of inkling that 12 will be back in 2023.

FWIW
JMHO
Remember…GB extended Rodgers before he hit FA, they don’t necessarily have to apply the 5th year

2. Our special teams are still eewww:
"Green Bay punted six times and gave up 118 return yards. Kansas City punted five times and the Packers had 0 return yards. After kickoffs, the average starting field position was the 27 for Kansas City and the 15 for Green Bay. The Chiefs ended the night with a ridiculous 166-yard edge in field position. But, hey, at least they didn’t turn it over, though running back Tyler Goodson did muff a kickoff." - bill huber

"Green Bay punted six times and gave up 118 return yards. Kansas City punted five times and the Packers had 0 return yards. After kickoffs, the average starting field position was the 27 for Kansas City and the 15 for Green Bay. The Chiefs ended the night with a ridiculous 166-yard edge in field position. But, hey, at least they didn’t turn it over, though running back Tyler Goodson did muff a kickoff." - bill huber
bh(rant)

Yep.
But it takes time.

It all hinges on #12.

FWIW
JMHO
And to your point in the 5th year, 2024 is the date that hits

Did they even have a 5th year option back in 08’?
No they did not. Just a wild guess he plays in 2023 since the dead money is just absurd Now 2024 the cap hit vs dead cash is more manageable

Back