Official Preseason Game 3 Green Bay vs Kansas City Thread

Did they even have a 5th year option back in 08’?
Key language in his contract. I’m not a cap guru but seems like the option to decline gives some flexibility

• Declining either of the 2023-2024 options converts the base salary for that year into the bonus figure ($58.3M, $47M respectively)
  • 2023 Option Bonus (to exercise the 2025 compensation): $58.3M (guaranteed)
  • 2024 Option Bonus (to exercise the 2026 compensation): $47M (injury guaranteed at signing, fully guarantees the 5th day of the 2024 waiver period)

No they did not. Just a wild guess he plays in 2023 since the dead money is just absurd Now 2024 the cap hit vs dead cash is more manageable
When it comes to Love I keep thinking of how they dealt with Nick Perry at the end of his rookie contract.
Quite possible a similar situation with Love?

When it comes to Love I keep thinking of how they dealt with Nick Perry at the end of his rookie contract.
Quite possible a similar situation with Love?
Very possible. Probably more about cap management now especially if 12 is on the roster and as we have discussed Bak’s cap…and obviously evaluation on Love if he’s not necessarily the answer but also what’s the alternative. If I was a betting man, they extend him 3 years and play it out. It’s easy to get caught in QB purgatory and just have guys who get you to 8-9 wins. I’m just looking at this years crop and is Love better than Levis or Richardson or Van Dyke that MIGHT fall to you? Probably not

"Green Bay punted six times and gave up 118 return yards. Kansas City punted five times and the Packers had 0 return yards. After kickoffs, the average starting field position was the 27 for Kansas City and the 15 for Green Bay. The Chiefs ended the night with a ridiculous 166-yard edge in field position. But, hey, at least they didn’t turn it over, though running back Tyler Goodson did muff a kickoff." - bill huber
ML will make excuses saying it's a work in progress

I told everyone both those UGA guys were platoon players.... they only played maybe 30 snaps a game. They are trying to play Wyatt way too much. Someone in GB didn't do their homework
They’re playing him a ton but I thought because the 3-4 guys ahead of him haven’t played in preseason at all. Clark, Lowry, Reed haven’t played and I don’t think TJ Slayton has gotten a lot of reps. It’s been mostly Heflin, Wyatt, Ford and Chris Slayton out there.

He’s certainly been invisible and gassed but I don’t think the regular season plan is to play him all that much.

Back