Official Game 5 Green Bay vs Cincinnati Thread

Alexander already has had multiple doctors review the test results, and more opinions are expected over the next two weeks before a determination is made

I'm wondering if it's a case if whether some think it's a Grade 3 or 4, which would impact the direction of care. Some might think it's a 3 and advocate surgery. Some may think it's a 3 and advocate for conservative rehab and rest. Others may think it's a 4 and surgery needed. There is a little bit of variation when grading these injuries. It's not all cut and dry as we may think. There are tell tale signs within each grade but there can also be a lot of ambiguity, based on MD's perception and evaluation. Just my 2 cents!

I'm wondering if it's a case if whether some think it's a Grade 3 or 4, which would impact the direction of care. Some might think it's a 3 and advocate surgery. Some may think it's a 3 and advocate for conservative rehab and rest. Others may think it's a 4 and surgery needed. There is a little bit of variation when grading these injuries. It's not all cut and dry as we may think. There are tell tale signs within each grade but there can also be a lot of ambiguity, based on MD's perception and evaluation. Just my 2 cents!
I can appreciate the nuances of the medical diagnosis, whether surgery is better or not long term etc. I think it's missing the forest for the trees a little bit. Maybe Alexander is a fast healer and if that's the case more power to him. But the way GB managed Rodgers' shoulder in 2017 sticks out in my mind, how they had him come back and take a risk over what, one lousy game against Carolina that they lost? Who was that for? If they go the "let it heal" route with Alexander then I hope they don't force him back after a couple weeks just because of who the opponent is. If it heals right while games are still going on, great, let him play. If not, then don't let him play. He's target 1, 2 and 3 for management to sign long term, why mess around?

I can appreciate the nuances of the medical diagnosis, whether surgery is better or not long term etc. I think it's missing the forest for the trees a little bit. Maybe Alexander is a fast healer and if that's the case more power to him. But the way GB managed Rodgers' shoulder in 2017 sticks out in my mind, how they had him come back and take a risk over what, one lousy game against Carolina that they lost? Who was that for? If they go the "let it heal" route with Alexander then I hope they don't force him back after a couple weeks just because of who the opponent is. If it heals right while games are still going on, great, let him play. If not, then don't let him play. He's target 1, 2 and 3 for management to sign long term, why mess around?
Very much agreed and there in lies the rub. We also have to realize that there is a difference between the average joe and a pro football player as far as this game being such a high impact game. Letting it heal has to mean just that. Not just heal "enough", but truly heal.

So listening to radio they say 2 out of 3 misses of Crosby were bad snaps. They say good LS will snap ball so holder this has to put ball down and laces are out. Guy on radio said that on 1st and 3rd the holder had to try to spin the ball to get laces out before the kick.

So listening to radio they say 2 out of 3 misses of Crosby were bad snaps. They say good LS will snap ball so holder this has to put ball down and laces are out. Guy on radio said that on 1st and 3rd the holder had to try to spin the ball to get laces out before the kick.
That’s what Bob McGinn said he was looking at, he thinks they have a LS problem. Based on the fact that GB not only signed a LS to the practice squad but also protected the guy every week, Gute thinks they have a LS problem too.

That said, Crosby said it had nothing to do with the snaps, he said he took bad lines to the ball a couple times and it messed with the path of the kick.

Back