Official Game 5 Green Bay vs Cincinnati Thread

Holders usually do have to spin the ball to get laces out. It's part of their job. Snapper can't guarantee number of rotations on snap. Crosby just plain missed the line.

Holders usually do have to spin the ball to get laces out. It's part of their job. Snapper can't guarantee number of rotations on snap. Crosby just plain missed the line.
TW on radio they say a good LS can now get the exact number of spins on a ball so the holder can put the ball down with laces out. Not sure if true or not.

TW on radio they say a good LS can now get the exact number of spins on a ball so the holder can put the ball down with laces out. Not sure if true or not.
A fair percentage of the time they can get it right, but the ability to spin it is part of the holder's job. Watch the ball handling in the future. You'll see quite a few spins.

Rodgers believes the sky's the limit for Burrow, but he has to stay on the field. The reigning NFL MVP revealed on "The Pat McAfee Show" what he discussed with Burrow following the Packers' win.

"I will tell you the thing that I told him, which I've told other quarterbacks from time to time: 'Slide. Slide,'" Rodgers said. "I said, 'You're too damn talented, you got so much in front of you to accomplish in this league. Just sometimes you gotta slide. I would've said the same thing to Andrew (Luck). You know, Andrew initially got hurt in Indy being Superman and running guys over and stuff."

A fair percentage of the time they can get it right, but the ability to spin it is part of the holder's job. Watch the ball handling in the future. You'll see quite a few spins.
Good call TW and I know you would know from first hand experience. You can also see it if you watch the routine where the holder places it down and most times gives it a little spin to move the laces.

Crosby gets the yips. Something gets inside his head and the mental part takes over. We've seen this throughout his career.

Some of the other issues is that each kick was hooked left, similar to my driver off the tee. Remember the pressure on the blocked kick came from the right. Maybe some scheme issues blocking also and just overcompensate and hook it

Some of the other issues is that each kick was hooked left, similar to my driver off the tee. Remember the pressure on the blocked kick came from the right. Maybe some scheme issues blocking also and just overcompensate and hook it
The block by Pitt, that was called back, might have been the harbinger.

The block by Pitt, that was called back, might have been the harbinger.
Maybe. Just thinking back and I think ML said something that they caught on film and need to fix

The #Bears, who are already without starting RB David Montgomery, have just placed RB Damien Williams on the Reserve-COVID-19 list.

Back