NIL - Texas style

Read about that but they say so much gray area in that boosters will easily be able to get around it.
Who is “they”? Will it be litigated probably, will the NCAA try to enforce it, probably.

Who is “they”? Will it be litigated probably, will the NCAA try to enforce it, probably.
Article I read said that Boosters could hire these kids to do promo work for their business and still get around these rules. Right now NCAA is lost and trying to find out what htey can do when they know they dropped the ball on this

Article I read said that Boosters could hire these kids to do promo work for their business and still get around these rules. Right now NCAA is lost and trying to find out what htey can do when they know they dropped the ball on this
Who ever wrote that better understand what the state NIL law is which I question. Hell hiring a kid to do promo work is common now, kids who have deal with car dealerships is a perfect example. And what the kids who signed with Ruiz and Life Wallet are doing promo work

That's peanuts. But it does raise money. One golf outing, which will be prevalent in Texas, will raise a million dollars for a collective to dole out. Rest assured, there won't be any shortage of willing donors who will want to take the course with a college football player, at any price.

I could mention more events that are being considered, but I'll wait on that for now.

That's peanuts. But it does raise money. One golf outing, which will be prevalent in Texas, will raise a million dollars for a collective to dole out. Rest assured, there won't be any shortage of willing donors who will want to take the course with a college football player, at any price.

I could mention more events that are being considered, but I'll wait on that for now.
It’s not unique to Texas. That’s just an example of so called “fund raising”.

It’s not unique to Texas. That’s just an example of so called “fund raising”.
I heard rumblings... not confirmed... that someone is looking at having a $10,000 a plate dinner where they invite athletes from across all sports who have historical significance to attend as guests of honor. This would include several Olympic gold medalists in various sports, guys sporting NFL Super Bowl Rings, guys in baseball's HOF, and other sports.

They are considering adding a "meet and greet" segment for a measly $2,500 extra for two athletes, and giving you five if you pony up $5,000. You'd also get a digital picture of you shaking hands with the star, along with an autographed picture with a personal salutation.

They are talking about restricting the attendance to roughly 400-500 people, even though they know they could get 1,000 or better. Their objective is that they would have rotating guests, and do this yearly. By limiting access, the tickets will be more in demand.

Figure 400 tickets at $5,000, that's $2 million. Add in another $250,000 to $500,000 for meet and greet, and you have a tidy sum of over $2 million left after appearance money for the stars, and cost of the Texas style BBQ they would be offering.

The purpose of this type of event is to spread money over several different sports on campus, to insure NIL money is lucrative for lesser supported sports.

NIL will just hasten the have and have not's and create a greater divide then there already is. Give it few years will have like 10 teams that have bought the best players and they might has well have their own league

NIL will just hasten the have and have not's and create a greater divide then there already is. Give it few years will have like 10 teams that have bought the best players and they might has well have their own league
And 10 teams were the haves vs the have nots for the last 2 decades. Just look at CFP, NY6 Bowls. It’s not changed

I heard rumblings... not confirmed... that someone is looking at having a $10,000 a plate dinner where they invite athletes from across all sports who have historical significance to attend as guests of honor. This would include several Olympic gold medalists in various sports, guys sporting NFL Super Bowl Rings, guys in baseball's HOF, and other sports.

They are considering adding a "meet and greet" segment for a measly $2,500 extra for two athletes, and giving you five if you pony up $5,000. You'd also get a digital picture of you shaking hands with the star, along with an autographed picture with a personal salutation.

They are talking about restricting the attendance to roughly 400-500 people, even though they know they could get 1,000 or better. Their objective is that they would have rotating guests, and do this yearly. By limiting access, the tickets will be more in demand.

Figure 400 tickets at $5,000, that's $2 million. Add in another $250,000 to $500,000 for meet and greet, and you have a tidy sum of over $2 million left after appearance money for the stars, and cost of the Texas style BBQ they would be offering.

The purpose of this type of event is to spread money over several different sports on campus, to insure NIL money is lucrative for lesser supported sports.
That’s comparable to what’s happening at UF & a handful of SEC schools. Hugh Hathcock is throwing money at NIL & facilities, UF has I believe 3 collectives alone. Surprisingly FSU is a bit behind the curve and Miami is ahead of it. Part of the issue in Tallahassee is they are still paying buyouts.

Back