Milwaukee Vs Boston Series Thread

Buds adjustment in Game 5? The Bucks defense switched 33 pick-and-rolls of 88 total by the Celtics, way up from 21 switches on 300 P&R over Games 1 thru 4. They switched 1-5 in the 4th also , off script for them
Love the chess match in a series

Last edited:
A lot of what you saw out there was more involvement with Portis and Connaughton. Allen, Hill, and Lopez spent more time as spectators. Connaughton's play isn't gaudy, and he's not a high flyer, but he's tenacious on defense. It seems like most of the shots over him are just plain great shots, not ducks.

Something to think about. The Bucks got 17 offensive rebounds, and they shut down the Boston perimeter shooting in the 4th quarter. Therein rests the key to the win. Give Bud a helluva lot of credit for creating the match ups he did. Then take a deep breath and realize that Giannis hit a 3, and we all know it was a shot he should have never tried.

I hear all the whining by Celtic fans how they had two guys open for shots that would tie the game, when Holiday stripped the ball from Smart. The simple fact is they hadn't hit a 3 during the 4th quarter, so making it sound like a sure thing is a laugher. They simply choked, and the Bucks didn't.

A lot of what you saw out there was more involvement with Portis and Connaughton. Allen, Hill, and Lopez spent more time as spectators. Connaughton's play isn't gaudy, and he's not a high flyer, but he's tenacious on defense. It seems like most of the shots over him are just plain great shots, not ducks.

Something to think about. The Bucks got 17 offensive rebounds, and they shut down the Boston perimeter shooting in the 4th quarter. Therein rests the key to the win. Give Bud a helluva lot of credit for creating the match ups he did. Then take a deep breath and realize that Giannis hit a 3, and we all know it was a shot he should have never tried.

I hear all the whining by Celtic fans how they had two guys open for shots that would tie the game, when Holiday stripped the ball from Smart. The simple fact is they hadn't hit a 3 during the 4th quarter, so making it sound like a sure thing is a laugher. They simply choked, and the Bucks didn't.
They switched 1-5 in the 4th quarter and took away the perimeter. They typically only switch 1-3 and put Lopez / Portis and Giannis in drop coverage (not a big fan of that but I get why).

Connaughton has some hops, he was in the dunk contest a couple of years ago. He’s clearly a better defender than Allen due to his length.

The +/- numbers were interesting. Holiday was +14, he impacts the game in so many ways. Not one Boston starter was +

Pat was hitting 50% from 3 need that again game 6

Middleton out for Game 6. Robert Williams questionable

Team was 44% from 3 even with Giannis, Lopez and Portis a combined 2-9.
As long as they are above 40% will take that any day better then shooting 20% like they had at times

As long as they are above 40% will take that any day better then shooting 20% like they had at times
Hell I’m fine with 35% and defense. The make up of this group is really tough mentally

Back