Matt L

I humbly apologize. I actually started this ‘Prevent Discussion’. Didn’t want it to annoy anyone. It just seems like the Packers have been doing this for years. I got a bit frustrated with it Sunday.

But I’m always happy when we beat the Vikings! I just wish it was by 30 points. The offense gave them a chance to do just that. But...here comes the really bad prevent........ FP(

I’ll try to lock into the victory more and not worry so much about the defensive shortcomings. But I do agree wholeheartedly with Bud about wanting to see a new culture! thumbsup
To me it’s not a culture. If philosophical, what scheme, system, players do you have to execute. We are not a “Legion of Boom” type who is physical across the board. If anything it’s more of an athletic team on defense and not even sure that’s the case across the board. DL you have one physical player (Clark), nobody at LB and same at S . If you want to get a “culture” bring in players that fit that mold

To me it’s not a culture. If philosophical, what scheme, system, players do you have to execute. We are not a “Legion of Boom” type who is physical across the board. If anything it’s more of an athletic team on defense and not even sure that’s the case across the board. DL you have one physical player (Clark), nobody at LB and same at S . If you want to get a “culture” bring in players that fit that mold

How about the philosophy or culture of toughness? How about playing the scheme and not letting someone score at will? Play prevent to prevent. Philosophy is "we're gonna try and be tough". Culture is, " We will be tough". There's a difference.

But I do agree wholeheartedly with Bud about wanting to see a new culture! thumbsup

Don't ever feel the need to apologize for agreeing with the Budman. Sooner or later most come around to the fact that I don't often say much, but when I do, it's usually spot on ;)sc))

If Rashan Gary actually does weigh in at near 280#, might he be an option to move into the front 3 so they can have another body in the rotation? Obviously he's not going to dislodge anyone out there at OLB at this point, from what I see. Does he have the strength, size, and moves to help? There's a lot invested in him.

How about the philosophy or culture of toughness? How about playing the scheme and not letting someone score at will? Play prevent to prevent. Philosophy is "we're gonna try and be tough". Culture is, " We will be tough". There's a difference.
You need players who want to play physical or have makeup to do so. Name we one guy who plays physical that’s not named Smith. Again Seattle drafted guys who fit the mold, we have drafted for speed. Burke, a converted safety, Gary, speed and explosive not physical, never showed it at Michigan. When did we have a “thumper” at ILB? After the 49er debacle a few years ago we made speed a priority

If Rashan Gary actually does weigh in at near 280#, might he be an option to move into the front 3 so they can have another body in the rotation? Obviously he's not going to dislodge anyone out there at OLB at this point, from what I see. Does he have the strength, size, and moves to help? There's a lot invested in him.
TW...I’ve often thought that same thing. Why not? There wasn’t near enough pressure, especially in the 4th quarter. Worth a shot!

You need players who want to play physical or have makeup to do so. Name we one guy who plays physical that’s not named Smith. Again Seattle drafted guys who fit the mold, we have drafted for speed. Burke, a converted safety, Gary, speed and explosive not physical, never showed it at Michigan. When did we have a “thumper” at ILB? After the 49er debacle a few years ago we made speed a priority
Seems like Seattle had both with their LB’s and Legion of Boom. Maybe we just haven’t had the GM’s that can put it all together. It doesn’t have to be either/or. We could have speed and toughness, no? Seattle already has a tough, athletic Safety tandem again. Must be nice!

Seems like Seattle had both with their LB’s and Legion of Boom. Maybe we just haven’t had the GM’s that can put it all together. It doesn’t have to be either/or. We could have speed and toughness, no? Seattle already has a tough, athletic Safety tandem again. Must be nice!
physical is not toughness. i Don’t question our toughness or how we compete. when you give up 5.5 per carry I do question our ability to not get pushed around. That’s physicality. Use the NBA as an example Miami is physical. They impose their will on defense. Milwaukee plays really good defense but it more about being athletic. Bledsoe is the only physical player. Miami? Butler and Crowder will seldom beat you with athleticism but they man up and push you off a spot. System and philosophy

Back