Mark's Best Available Defensive Coordinators list

But I wonder if after that Murphy told ML he had to go with a "veteran" instead of a young position coach?

If that's the case, ML's tenure is doomed. No way a coach can operate like that. The HC has to have autonomy over his staff

Not a half bad article.

Don't have the horses to run the defense the Rams did.... not the Tampa 2. Trying to run either one without changing personal would be a mistake. P.S we aren't supposed to use Acme packing stuff here remember?

Don't have the horses to run the defense the Rams did.... not the Tampa 2. Trying to run either one without changing personal would be a mistake. P.S we aren't supposed to use Acme packing stuff here remember?
Oh man. Sorry Mark. I'll pull it down

“He’s not going to be trying to be the more aggressive dude. Only aggressive when he needs to. But at the same time, his one biggest thing is he wants his front four to get pressure. That was the biggest thing he emphasized. If he’s got DBs in the backend covering, he wants to be able to send that front four and drop seven.

He looked at GB line right? They could not get pressure agains the girl scouts.

“He’s not going to be trying to be the more aggressive dude. Only aggressive when he needs to. But at the same time, his one biggest thing is he wants his front four to get pressure. That was the biggest thing he emphasized. If he’s got DBs in the backend covering, he wants to be able to send that front four and drop seven.

He looked at GB line right? They could not get pressure agains the girl scouts.
As far as DL goes, an early DL draft pick would be nice and maybe Gary ends up with his hand in the dirt?

According to Tom S., LeFleur wants Barry to run the Fangio scheme. I can't part with the $1 dollar to read the rest of the article but that's what Tom S says. If that's the case, then the matter is simple IMO - this isn't any different than if they retained Mike Pettine. Fangio's best defenses had outstanding ILBs and very good DL. GB needs to improve at inside linebacker in the worst way. If Gute doesn't upgrade talent on D then we will be singing the same old song. I don't know what the numbers will look like but it will remain a defense that does not and cannot control or even win a game.

According to Tom S., LeFleur wants Barry to run the Fangio scheme. I can't part with the $1 dollar to read the rest of the article but that's what Tom S says. If that's the case, then the matter is simple IMO - this isn't any different than if they retained Mike Pettine. Fangio's best defenses had outstanding ILBs and very good DL. GB needs to improve at inside linebacker in the worst way. If Gute doesn't upgrade talent on D then we will be singing the same old song. I don't know what the numbers will look like but it will remain a defense that does not and cannot control or even win a game.
Be prepared for disappointment. GB has spent so much draft capital on defense over last 4-5 years and very little to show for it.

You are correct as far as what GB needs. I just have very littke faith in the FO to properly evaluate and then make good draft choices to address those needs.

I just have very littke faith in the FO to properly evaluate and then make good draft choices to address those needs.
i also have very littke faith. gute will probably waste the first three picks on guys who won't start for at least two years. after that, he'll start picking square pegs to shove into round holes.

Back